MLB "FB" (football?) caps by New Era

NDwas

I am also suprised no Bears cap was made like this. The Cubs one would be easy, seeing as there is a C on it. For the White Sox cap, they could use the cursive C from the late 80s. I would consider buying that cap.

dude have you not looked at any of the post before hand?

Navy/Orange Cinci Reds hat meant to mimik bears ....

White/Orange/navy Cinci reds hat meant to mimick bears

they didnt just take the Baseball teams from that city to use as that city's football team. they took a team with the same intials and changed up the colors to mimick football teams.

Yes, I saw those hats. I also understand that they are not sticking to just teams from the same city.

On my monitor, those two hats you linked to look black instead of navy. I figured they were for the Bengals.

yeah thats cool. thats why on the lids pages they have descripitions. wouldnt make much sense to have 4 hats listed for one team though.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta Braves' A: Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons

Boston Red Sox' B: Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns

Cincinnati Reds' C: Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Indians' I: Indianapolis Colts

Detroit Tigers' D: Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions

Houston Astros' STAR: Houston Texans

Kansas City Royals' KC: Kansas City Chiefs

Minnesota Twins' M: Minnesota Vikings

New York Yankees' NY: New York Jets

Philadelphia Phillies' P: Philadelphia Eagles

Pittsburgh Pirates' P: Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots

San Diego Padres' SD: San Diego Chargers

San Francisco Giants' SF: San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Mariners' S: New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks

St. Louis Cardinals' STL: St. Louis Rams

Texas Rangers' T: Houston Oilers, Tennessee Titans

Washington Nationals' W: Washington Redskins

Missing:

Carolina Panthers (Cubs/Reds' C, Pirates/Phillies' P)

Denver Broncos (Tigers' D, Red Sox' B )

Jacksonville Jaguars (none)

Miami Dolphins (Twins' M)

New York Giants (Yankees' NY - Jets should be Mets' NY)

Oakland Raiders (Orioles' O's)

Pittsburgh Steelers (Pirates' P)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Devil Rays' TB)

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I was waiting for this to happen, i thought would be cool to see two sports mix for the sake of a hat...too bad they didnt do anything that great with the Seahawks/Mariners. i would like to see a current Mariners logo with that lime the Seahakws have...too bad.

SEAsig.png

And what are the people in LA gonna get?

There's an NFL team in LA?

No. But from what I think I know most of LA roots for the Raiders, but Oakland already has a baseball team so what would New Era do there?

Should have specified that.

Well considering the Oakland's baseball team has an "A's" on their hat, I wouldn't think they would make an A's/Raiders cap. I'm not sure what they would do for the Raiders.

Well considering the Oakland's baseball team has an "A's" on their hat, I wouldn't think they would make an A's/Raiders cap. I'm not sure what they would do for the Raiders.

This may be a stretch, but perhaps the Orioles' alternate, especially if they can do it without the "'s"...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

This may be a stretch, but perhaps the Orioles' alternate, especially if they can do it without the "'s"...

I was thinking about that, but that " 's " is the problem. I guess if they can use a retro "S" for Seattle they could get away with the Orioles "O's" with just the "O".

Missing:

Do you mean that generally a Yankee fan roots for the NFL Giants and a Mets fan roots for the Jets?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Missing:

Do you mean that generally a Yankee fan roots for the NFL Giants and a Mets fan roots for the Jets?

Well the Giants played at Yankee Stadium and the Jets played at Shea, so generally...yeah.

I wish they would make a Tigers hat in teal and orange for the Dolphins.

It would make more sense with the Twins' M, IMO.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Missing:

Well the Giants played at Yankee Stadium and the Jets played at Shea, so generally...yeah.

I wish they would make a Tigers hat in teal and orange for the Dolphins.

It would make more sense with the Twins' M, IMO.

Yeah, but I'm a fan of the olde English D.

I for one, HATE the Packers' colors used with a freaking PITTSBURGH Pirates "P!" I understand the "aliteration" but c'mon who the "F" cares about a logo NOT associated with YOUR/THEIR home team, being associated with THEIR colors! Keep it in the CITY, STATE, or AREA if this is what they want to do!!!

Pittsburgh is really sucky cause ALL the pro teams HAVE the SAME EXACT COLORS!!! Don't transfer my beloved Packers to a town with blandness! If those teams can't create a color identity for themselves, then screw 'em!!!

Keep the NFL team colors with their respective MLB counterparts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cubs/Sox = BEARS colors...

Indians = Browns Colors...

A's = Giants colors...

Brewers = Packer colors...

Yankees = Giants/ Jets = Mets or vice versa

etc. etc. etc.

For those that don't have an affiliation to the MLB via the NFL...

Well, figure it out! WHO IS YOUR HOME TEAM?

packchampionslfroh.png

Keep the NFL team colors with their respective MLB counterparts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the last time, THAT ISN'T THE POINT! They can't make NFL hats, so they're taking what they do have the rights to, MLB logos, and trying to market them to football fans. To appreciate these hats you need to remove the baseball connection. A Brewers cap in green and yellow will not stand out as much as a green cap with a gold and white "P" for someone who's looking for a Packers cap.

If a Browns fan is looking for a Browns hat, what's he going to buy? A brown and orange hat with a script "I" or a brown and orange hat with a "B"? These are ment to appeal to NFL fans first and foremost, not to people looking for MLB fashion hats.

Archived