Canadiens vs. Bruins

Hat Boy

i always thought this slight update of the habs vintage would be good:

MTL.png

it sticks with the current theme of red not touching blue... adds white outlines... and the numbers would also be red, with a white outline, then a blue outline.

just my opinion, but i think it'd be fantastic.

and while i'm here in my photobucket, here's boston :P

BOS.png

i'm thinking of updating my league-wide tweak... if only i ever had time.

those jersey are amazing, they should be the primaries, expectinally montreal! But the numbers should be changed to red on the canadiens ones!

Numbers are already red. They have put a white outline around the numbers, and then a blue outline around the whole thing.

I wish they'd try white numbers with both a red and a blue outline. That way, it'd probably be easier to read.

For the sake of having a visual:

Habswhites.png

Since they're vintage, an even MORE vintage effect could be achieved by the Canadiens if they sewed a patch with a white background to the back of the sweater, like what happens in rugby when there's a chest stripe ...

rugbynumberexample.jpg

(shouts out to Vanderbilt rugby ... I wore that jersey once)

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Those uniforms are awesome. That Habs sweater hasn't been worn since the mid forties but it almost looks more modern than their current road. As for the Bruins, I can't seee how anyone would prefer their current unis to this. Nothing is cooler or says Bruins more than that jersey.

There's something about old hockey sweaters that were designed in the era of wool or dureen. Even the most minor league teams look great.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I'll grant that the Bruins unis look sharp...sharper than the current ones in every way but one--the logo. Keeping in mind that I haven't been a hockey fan for even a decade and that I have no ties to Boston, I think the vintage plain-yellow-gold B Spoke logo looks plain compared to the modern Black B-Spoke. The Black B with the gold spokes (stroked in thin black) looks so much classier and more professional IMO, FWIW.

As I prepare for the ensuing barrage of :cursing: following my "n00b" assessment, I must say I agree about the Habs road sweaters. The vintage ones are far and away an improvement, though some of the tweaks shown here could make them look even better.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Zdeno Chara the captain? I hate it when people new to the team become captain automatically.

What do you mean, automatically? Teams vote on their captains.

Not always. In this case, coaches decided who would be captain.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived