CARDS WIN!

LEWJ

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this at least proves that the NL is not as much of an inferior league as they were claimed to be.

Did you watch the regular season? The All Star game?

Any team can beat any team in a seven game series... I remember 2 years ago, the Devil Rays swept 4 games from the Yankees in the Bronx.

I think the Tigers threw this series away with errors and they weren't ready to play after the delay between the ALCS and WS.

I don't like either team, but this was a weird World Series. I think the Cards just played their best ball of the year, I don't think there was any clear cut best team in baseball this year.

Congrats to St Louis fans, they def deserve a World Series, though I think they should have won one the past 3 years, just not this one.

I hope this at least proves that the NL is not as much of an inferior league as they were claimed to be.

Did you watch the regular season? The All Star game?

Any team can beat any team in a seven game series... I remember 2 years ago, the Devil Rays swept 4 games from the Yankees in the Bronx.

He didn't say the NL was equal or better, he said not as inferior as some claimed to be.

I watched the All Star game, and what I remember is the NL having the lead and the idiot manager that Phil Garner is putting Miguel Cabrera in as a defensive replacement at 3rd when one of the greatest defensive 3B of all time, Scott Rolen, was available on the bench.

A simple ground for Rolen goes as a single past Cabrera, and another hit given up by Hoffman blows the game. One better move by Garner and the NL wins that game.

That's really fine that the AL dominated the NL in the regular season, but the Cardinals, represented the NL when it counted and beat the AL's rep.

And they did it in good 'ol NL fashion. We executed on defense (mostly--Chris Duncan is something else in the OF), and Detroit could not. We played small ball, and it was successful two-fold because the Tigers defense was poor and couldn't make routine plays on bunts.

I think the biggest thing we showed though is that the National League is not where hasbeen pitchers come to extend their careers. How about a rookie, a middle aged journeyman, and a recent AL castoff (along with a Cy Young winner, of course) completely shutting down the big, bad, AL Tigers lineup?! And that's not even mentioning the inexperienced but spectacular bullpen work.

It was fantastic!

I loved Weaver being the guy to have the great performance in the final game. I don't believe for a second Weaver wasn't capable of pitching in the AL. Rather, the AL team, the Angels, for which he played for was not capable of putting him in a position to succeed. Well done Dave Duncan, Tony La Russa, and most definatley, Jeff Weaver.

You mean like the NFC? :D

My favorite NFC team went 3-1 against the AFC last year and is 1-0 this year against them (hopefully 2-0 after Sunday). They should petition to change conferences. :D

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I stopped reading when I got to this.

I watched the All Star game, and what I remember is the NL having the lead and the idiot manager that Phil Garner is putting Miguel Cabrera in as a defensive replacement at 3rd when one of the greatest defensive 3B of all time, Scott Rolen, was available on the bench.

Scott Rolen is not better than Brooks Robinson. I'm also sure you can find dozens of players who are better defensively than Rolen.

And the NL was a crapy league this year despite the Cardinals pulling the upset. 1 team in hte NL won more than 90 games, that is the definition of a crappy league.

Of course he can. Rolen is a Cardinal. And the Cardinals are the most awesomest team in the history of awesomely awesome awesomeness.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I stopped reading when I got to this.

Scott Rolen is not better than Brooks Robinson. I'm also sure you can find dozens of players who are better defensively than Rolen.

And the NL was a crapy league this year despite the Cardinals pulling the upset. 1 team in hte NL won more than 90 games, that is the definition of a crappy league.

JKR, niether you nor I are old enough to have watched Brooks Robinson or many other good defensive 3B more than a few highlight reels. Defense is something that has to be observed, there aren't great stats, so don't act like you can say that positively.

I said "one of the greatest." If you disagree with that statement, then you likely have some reason not to want to believe it, because I think you could ask many, many great baseball people and that would be agreed with by nearly all of them.

The NL wasn't great this year. That's fine. But they aren't some minor league to the AL, rather, they're a league full of up and coming talent. The NL's time will come in the regular season.

The NL's time just came in the postseason.

Go Cards. You were better than your competition when you had to be.

Of course he can. Rolen is a Cardinal. And the Cardinals are the most awesomest team in the history of awesomely awesome awesomeness.

Shutup already. I've been quiet about the Cardinals for a long time. Didn't say hardly anything as they were advancing through the playoffs when nobody else thought they would.

And I'm not really going of the deep end right now after they won it all.

And I haven't said anything even remotely giving off the jist of your sarcastic comment.

Seriously. Shutup.

postofday.png

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The bottom line is the Cardinals won where they the best team NO but they won it dose not matter they got lucky with all the Mets injuries and the Tigers throwing the ball away like it was 2003. But they are the World Champs and thats all that matters.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The World Series takes 4 things.

Great Pitching.

Timely Hitting.

Good Defense.

Alot of Luck.

Its how it is, how it always will be. The best team doesn't always win. So what, I don't care. My team won for the first time I can remember and that's all that matters.

I'm not going to talk crap cause I don't do that. I won't defend or respond to anything anyone said because, I don't care right now.

Go Cardinals!

- The Cards are the second team to reach double digits about winning World Series: 10 WS.

Of course, the Yanks are atop with 26.

- Tony LaRussa is the second manager that won at least 1 WS with a NL team and 1 with an AL team ('89 Oakland). Sparky Anderson was the first ('75-76 Reds and '84 Tigers).

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

- The Cards are the second team to reach double digits about winning World Series: 10 WS.

Of course, the Yanks are atop with 26.

- Tony LaRussa is the second manager that won at least 1 WS with a NL team and 1 with an AL team ('89 Oakland). Sparky Anderson was the first ('75-76 Reds and '84 Tigers).

And, of course, had the Tigers won, Leyland would have joined Sparky instead of Tony.

so am i now to assume that that whole Keny Rogers controversy bootychatter is over and done with now? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Thats going to the 3rd World.

What use does the third world have for car stickers?

Jagshemash, my name Borat. I journalist for Kazakhstan. My country send to U S & A to make moviefilm. I do research first, and base ball, I like. Please, you look ...

boratwtigersstickerFLAT.gif

Please come and see my film. If Tigers not win, I will be execute. Chenquieh.

Thats going to the 3rd World.

What use does the third world have for car stickers?

Jagshemash, my name Borat. I journalist for Kazakhstan. My country send to U S & A to make moviefilm. I do research first, and base ball, I like. Please, you look ...

boratwtigersstickerFLAT.gif

Please come and see my film. If Tigers not win, I will be execute. Chenquieh.

America national sport is called baseballs. It very similar to our sport, shurik, where we take dogs, shoot them in a field, and then have a party.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

as a Tigers fan I would like to congratulate the better team and the World Champions St. Louis Cardinals, they played better and wanted it more than Detroit. I am also proud of my team by at least making it this far, We can at least say they doubted the naysayers by reaching the world series. This was the most magical season for me and other Tigers andI would like to say THANK YOU FOR THIS SEASON AND LETS GO FOR NEXT YEAR AND BRING THE WORLD SERIES TO DETROIT. St. Louis fans congrats you earned it

Archived