Bill Belichick

Grish

I was watching the game last night with my wife and she kept wondering why they were filming the guy in the stupid sweatshirt. When I told her it was the coach and he always dresses like that, her exact words were: "You'd think a guy making that much money could afford a sweatshirt with sleeves."

Belichick did indeed look terrible. Not only was the sweatshirt something that must have come from his dirty clothes basket, it made him look like he just finished eating a haagen dazs stand over at the Mall of America before the game.

Anyway, I didn't see many people dressed so poorly last time I went to the Mall of America.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read through all of the comments on this post subject and I categorically agree and disagree alike with some of the points. However, the heart of the matter is that all the NFL league office cares about is making sure that coaches can only wear the "official" attire of their sporting apparel supplier, in this case being Reebok. The reason they told Mike Nolan and Mike Tice no on wearing suits is that I am not aware Reebok being in the men's dress apparel business. Further, the reason the league will not tell Bill Belichick to get his act together is because while looking perhaps like a vagabond, he is flashing that Reebok gear for the national audiences. Goodell and the Gang are not about to breach trust with their "vital" contract with Reebok. This is the reason we are left to being frustrated and talking about this matter.

Personally, I believe a coach can wear whatever he wants to wear while roaming the sidelines, just as long as he is being modest and decent. If it so bothers you what the coach is wearing on the sidelines that you want to gripe about it for 3 days, then I will stand up and question your allegiance to football in its purest sense. I'd love to see a coach wear a suit and tie on the sidelines just to change things up some, but at the sime time, I have no qualms with lets say Jack Del Rio wearing a Metallica t-shirt and cargo pants @ next weeks' game, just as long as my Jags are able to mark a W on the schedule at the end of the contest. Yet all of this was just my humble opinion.

Timothy K. Edwards

LibertyBowl.png

I have read through all of the comments on this post subject and I categorically agree and disagree alike with some of the points. However, the heart of the matter is that all the NFL league office cares about is making sure that coaches can only wear the "official" attire of their sporting apparel supplier, in this case being Reebok. The reason they told Mike Nolan and Mike Tice no on wearing suits is that I am not aware Reebok being in the men's dress apparel business. Further, the reason the league will not tell Bill Belichick to get his act together is because while looking perhaps like a vagabond, he is flashing that Reebok gear for the national audiences. Goodell and the Gang are not about to breach trust with their "vital" contract with Reebok. This is the reason we are left to being frustrated and talking about this matter.

Personally, I believe a coach can wear whatever he wants to wear while roaming the sidelines, just as long as he is being modest and decent. If it so bothers you what the coach is wearing on the sidelines that you want to gripe about it for 3 days, then I will stand up and question your allegiance to football in its purest sense. I'd love to see a coach wear a suit and tie on the sidelines just to change things up some, but at the sime time, I have no qualms with lets say Jack Del Rio wearing a Metallica t-shirt and cargo pants @ next weeks' game, just as long as my Jags are able to mark a W on the schedule at the end of the contest. Yet all of this was just my humble opinion.

Timothy K. Edwards

Is there an award at the end of the season for the best dressed coach? NO.

Is there an award at the end of the season for the best team? Yes, it's called Vince Lombardi. Bellichick has won it 3 times, and he is on his way for number 4, that's all I care for.

The NFL dose not care what the coaches wear as long as its something they can $ell the sweatshirt was sold, suits cant be sold sweatshirt allowed suit in the closet.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

speaking of socks, it seemed like Fred Smoot's socks last night was inappropriate, he didn't wear white socks... is he going to be fined $20,000?

I noticed that as well...in fact, I remember watching a preseason Vikes game and he went white-sockless also...what gives???

Wow, it took 14 replies for someone to drag out the "Dur... But he wins Superbowls!!!11" red herring. At least the good folks around here got around to repeating it enough.

Let's put it this way. Go apply for a job that pays like an NFL head coach looking like Belichick, and see what happens. You could be the perfect person for the job, but if you go looking like a couch potato, the only person you're talking to is the security officer that's kicking you out of the building.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm still laughing at the "nobody wants to look stupid" comment. LOL!

I personally think that any type of a leader like a coach, company manager, military general, etc. etc. should project a certain image that matches their responsiblities. If you're the coach of a team and you look like some guy who just rolled out bed it doesn't project the best image.

But what the hell do I know? He won three titles wearing whatever he wanted so I guess it doesn't matter does it?

luisart47,

I really don't know why you referenced my post while making yours. We pretty much said the same thing. I applied the situation to my personal team, the Jags, and their coach, Del Rio. And you said Bill he wins SBs and thats what matters, I think I pretty much said the same thing. It all boils down to Ws and Ls. So whats the deal here ??

LibertyBowl.png

Wow, it took 14 replies for someone to drag out the "Dur... But he wins Superbowls!!!11" red herring. At least the good folks around here got around to repeating it enough.

Let's put it this way. Go apply for a job that pays like an NFL head coach looking like Belichick, and see what happens. You could be the perfect person for the job, but if you go looking like a couch potato, the only person you're talking to is the security officer that's kicking you out of the building.

So....let me get this straight.

You're bagging on people for bringing up the Super Bowl angle, yet you decide to go the "equate pro sports with real life" route? That is comical.

(Oh, and for the record, I've worked for a company where the President pulled in NFL HC dollars (roughly $3mil), and wore dirty jeans and old ripped t-shirts to the office. Guy was brilliant, too.)

spikes.jpg

Timothy K. Edwards

Is there an award at the end of the season for the best dressed coach? NO.

Is there an award at the end of the season for the best team? Yes, it's called Vince Lombardi. Bellichick has won it 3 times, and he is on his way for number 4, that's all I care for.

I guess you people don't get the point of this board. We discuss sports logos and uniforms here, and Bill Belichick's homeless attire falls under that category.

i dont understand why he wear a sweatshirt with the sleaves cut of. he look so stupid.

Yeah. Nobody wants to appear stupid.

With 3 Super Bowl rings, that's impossible....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I like the way Belichick dresses on the sidelines. The apparel is cool and he feels better with his arms free, so the cutoff look works.

If he cut off the sleeves entirely (i.e. at the shoulder), then there would be a problem.

i dont understand why he wear a sweatshirt with the sleaves cut of. he look so stupid.

My comment wasn't about Belichick. In fact, I appreciate a football coach who looks like a football coach. I just thought it was hilarious to read brendan17's grammatical :censored:bomb of a post saying someone else "look so stupid".

My comment wasn't about Belichick. In fact, I appreciate a football coach who looks like a football coach. I just thought it was hilarious to read brendan17's grammatical :censored:bomb of a post saying someone else "look so stupid".

so what if i didn't use capitals and didnt put a s after a few words. you understood what i was saying, which on a message board is all that matters.

back to Bill Belichick the reason the nfl will never fine Bill is because he has won superbowls and they will never stand up to him and tell him to dress anyother way. if it was lets say mike nolan who dressed that way then the nfl wouldnt put up with it.

So....let me get this straight.

You're bagging on people for bringing up the Super Bowl angle, yet you decide to go the "equate pro sports with real life" route? That is comical.

(Oh, and for the record, I've worked for a company where the President pulled in NFL HC dollars (roughly $3mil), and wore dirty jeans and old ripped t-shirts to the office. Guy was brilliant, too.)

It's not comical, it's completely apt and logical. Glad to see Michigan is keeping their rigorous academic standards high these days at their institutions of learning.

First, the Super Bowl angle is a red herring because the fact he has coached Super Bowl winning teams has nothing to do with proper attire on the sidelines of a football game, so it has no business being used as a reason for Belichick being able to wear cut-up sweatshirts on the sidelines on game day.

The analogy to "real life" is apt, as the position of an NFL head coach requires a certain decorum that Pop Warner and your neighbourhood high school team doesn't require, much like. It makes no sense that Belichick should be allowed to wear loungewear on the sidelines on game day, plain and simple. The NFL, like the NHL has dress requirements written into the collective bargaining agreement that are on par with standard business dress. I find it completely mind-boggling that a league that has Narcissus-like levels of self-consciousness who has the authority to fine players for not wearing socks in a correct pattern to allow the head coach of what is considered by many to be the flagship franchise of the league to dress like he's with his buddies at the local sports bar during a game, whether he's wearing NFL Equipment (He has to by rule, as per contracts with not only the coach, but also the league and Adidas/Reebok) or not.

Finally, your anecdote is nice, but it is severely flawed. (1) As you stated, he is the president of the company, and it's not quite a stretch to say he's probably the owner of the company also. As the owner, he would have the prerogative to dress however he wants. Belichick is not in the same position, as he is an employee of the New England Patriots, and the NFL by extention. (2) The supposed equation of brilliance and casual clothes is nice and all, but if anything, the dot-com boom (and bust) showed us that brilliance and casual clothes isn't all what it's cracked up to be...

Michael Irvin or Terry Bradshaw ring a bell?

[edit] Ooh! it combined my posts. Nifty!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Stop being what the stupid capitalists want you to be.

In Soviet Russia, sweatshirt with cut sleeves wears you!

That's for the 25+ crowd out there. ;)

so what if i didn't use capitals and didnt put a s after a few words.

Go back and read some of your posts. Don't fool yourself, your issues go deeper than capitals and esses. You're borderline illiterate.

I don't plan to keep this up, and I apologize for veering off topic. Maybe you're a smart guy and you speak flawlessly. But this is a forum that relies on the typed word to communicate. It's really frustrating to read someone who distracts from any good input they might have with their inability to communicate it.

Maybe sports radio is more your thing?

Go back and read some of your posts. Don't fool yourself, your issues go deeper than capitals and esses. You're borderline illiterate.

I don't plan to keep this up, and I apologize for veering off topic. Maybe you're a smart guy and you speak flawlessly. But this is a forum that relies on the typed word to communicate. It's really frustrating to read someone who distracts from any good input they might have with their inability to communicate it.

Maybe sports radio is more your thing?

Don't worry, he'll just call you a teacher who just works for the paycheck and doesn't care about the kids... <_<

Check yer PMs.

Archived