Get fuzzy 12/10 : bucky's bad team names

webdav

actually not to be too much of a dork.....river flames would work for Chicago right? Even though it is the worst sounding name. Anyways funny strip there, see everyone hates these dumb names too.

The strip is referring to the Cuyahoga River, a body of water in Ohio that was so polluted with caustic material in the mid 70's that it actually caught fire.  The Chicago River isn't so much flammable as it is an unnatural patina green color most of the year, and not just when they dye it that way for St. Patty's day.

wow, jqk. We see eye to eye on this one. Get Fuzzy is awesome. It's a tie with another comic called Sherman's Lagoon for best comic strip.

"Get Fuzzy" only recently came to the Washington Post, and I instantly fell in love with the strip...so much so, that when we got two puppies last weekend, we named one "Satchel" in honor of my favorite comc dog...couldn't get the wife to go for naming the other one "Bucky", though. :D

"Get Fuzzy" is indeed a very funny strip.  Seems to go over the heads of many people, though...

But FWIW, Rob (the human) can often be seen wearing New Zealand All-Blacks rugby gear in the strip.  It's hard to tell, but that's the hat he's wearing.  Also seen on occasion are Red Sox and Canadiens jerseys...

(back in to lurk mode)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

It's a tie with another comic called Sherman's Lagoon for best comic strip.

Sherman's Lagoon is very funny, although most days I prefer FoxTrot...

Aanybody else notice Garfield getting consistently less funny? Used to be different stuff most days, with different shticks and something new every day... now it's just talking heads yabberin' about how bored they are. Same with Beetle Bailey... slowly fading away into comics oblivion, although there it's actually something different every day, just not all that funny. Ditto Monty, although that was never all that funny.

On a similar note, Baby Blues seems to get more funny as time goes on, as does Marvin.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Get Fuzzy is probably one of the best news paper comics out there...which is of course why my local fish wrap (the Portland Press Herrald) doesn't carry it.  However I have read some of the compilation books, and I always make a point to read it when I pick up the Boston Globe.

Fox Trot is another good one, as is Doonesburry (although I might be in the minority on that one).  Our paper also carries a strip called Zits which is a good read.  I too have noticed Garfields decline into nothingness (kinda parallels what started to happen to Peanuts) and I suspect that Dilbert may in fact be doing so as well.

Since there seems to be so many people into comis here, I would like to share a personal favorite with all of you:

www.pvponline.com

Sherman's Lagoon

Baby Blues

Fox Trot

Zits

Curtis

All strips that I look forward to most. We used to have the Boondocks, but we moved. Now we don't. Oh, well.

Another great one that no one's mentioned... Non Sequitor

I love on Sundays when Obvious Man makes an appearance. Funny stuff.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Another great one that no one's mentioned... Non Sequitor

I love on Sundays when Obvious Man makes an appearance. Funny stuff.

Non Sequitor is a newly acquired strip. and I must say I don't mind it, although the rest of my household doesn't find it nearly as amusing as I do. I've only seen one Obviousman strip, which I laughed at... Danae and her horse are passably funny. The dad cracks me up.

From what I've seen, Boondocks and Get Fuzzy look good...

my paper recently had a survey of favourite/least favourite comic strips because they'll be replacing the worst one. Guess who comes in dead last?

Cathy, and for good reason. I've never disliked a comic strip as much as I dislike Cathy. What a waste of newsprint. When was the last time anyone ever remembers actually laughing at a Cathy comic strip?

Half the time I don't get Doonesbury because I don't get the characters... plus I so rarely read it because it's in the editorials rather than with the rest of the comics.

The Far Side is so good, so often. Too bad it's not in the paper anymore.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Cathy, and for good reason. I've never disliked a comic strip as much as I dislike Cathy. What a waste of newsprint. When was the last time anyone ever remembers actually laughing at a Cathy comic strip?

Although I have no great love for cathy, which is going down soon anyway since Cathy Guisewite is retiring (from something she's sucked at for so long, so no gret comics loss, I suppose), the one strip I hate and have never had any inkling of affection for is the Family Circus.

Die, Bil Keane!  Your damned 8 year old has been drawing plop comics for years! He's not eight! You're sitting on your hand, THEN drawing something that isn't funny! DIE DIE DIE DIE.

Sorry.  I'm okay now.  I took a med.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived