Lions in all blue

Proc

When the Lions wore blue pants with the white jersey for their road set a few years ago, I didn't care for it. Then, last night, a kid trick or treating shows up in a Roy Williams home blue jersey, complete with blue pants, with white, silver, white stripes on it.

It looked fantastic. Alot like Seattle, but not as monochrome due to the silver helmet.

This would be a good look for the sad-sack Lions.

And sadly, it'll never happen. For a reason that escapes me, the pants were quickly ditched. Maybe because blue pants ran counter to the Lions' storied tradition... of losing. For me, what really capped off the look was the grey socks. In fact, when word of a Lions black alternate first broke, I trotted this concept out.

lionsalternate.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't really like it when a team uses three different colors for their helmets, shirts and pants. Usually, it looks best when the helmets match the pants. I liked the blue pants for some reason, and I believe they wore them the last time I saw Barry Sanders live.... Anyway, they'd look nice with the new roads or homes.

I thought I would like them when I first heard they were coming out with them for that season in the late 90s, but for some reason, they didn't look right. Maybe it was the helmet-jersey-pants disconnect that was mentioned. Maybe it was something else. But they looked sort of flat.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived