Charter Digital Cables New OnScreen Guide

AceTen

Those program guides aren't exclusive to those cable companies...if you notice, those program listings are provided by TV Guide. I live in an area in the L.A. area that was formerly a Comcast territory, but was acquired over the summer officially by Time Warner. We currently have that TV Guide program guide on our system, however the already-established Time Warner systems in the area use a totally different program guide service...I want to say it's Gemstar, but Gemstar and TV Guide are under the same ownership.

I've got Comcast in Seattle and we've got a pilot program offered by Microsoft. It's like what's shown above, except the on-screen guide shows four or five channels versus two or three.

What's frustrating, however, is that if you're looking at the guide and select "OK" over a certain channel, you can only go to that channel if you're highlighting a program presently on -- if that makes any sense. It's incredibly frustrating.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived