NHL Games on Google Video

jkrdevil

The NHL and Google came to an agreement to put NHL games on Google Cideo. They aren't live like on Yahoo but they are the full games and you can save them on your computer. It's something that is neat is you miss a game or want to watch a classic. Right now they have this years games plus some classic games.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=28220...mp;service=page

http://video.google.com/nhl.html

I "downloaded" a couple of classic games, but the download was really, really small. Not much more than an icon on the desktop rather than a huge video file like I expected it to be.

Is that really all you get when you download a game? I wonder if this is nothing more than a bookmark back to the original file and will it even work after the two weeks is over? It's cool, but I'd like to know if I have to make a point of watching them right away before I lose the ability.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I "downloaded" a couple of classic games, but the download was really, really small. Not much more than an icon on the desktop rather than a huge video file like I expected it to be.

Is that really all you get when you download a game? I wonder if this is nothing more than a bookmark back to the original file and will it even work after the two weeks is over? It's cool, but I'd like to know if I have to make a point of watching them right away before I lose the ability.

i downloaded the ipod video version of the '89 stanley cup and it was the full file... ~580mb mp4 file

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Thanks Chris, I tried the ipod option instead and now I'm getting the large file I was expecting.

This is going to get me fired at work for sure when they bust me watching games all day!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Anybody know why the Blues only have three games available? How long is the delay on getting the games up? They did somehow have a whole week off last week, so maybe that has something to do with it.

It's obviously that bias against St Louis again :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived