What a horrible tattoo

charger77

Nobody should have tattoos but the following:

Bikers

Prisoners

Guys in politically defiant bands.

Everyone else is a poseur, and has made tattoos less cool.

do you really feel this way? tattoos are a great way to show something about yourself that cant usually be physically seen IMO. if you feel strongly about something you should be comfortable having in on your body for the world to see. granted, this given tattoo wasn't done very skillfully, but a lot of tattoos are works of art in their own right. i think because of the artistic side of tattoos, and the fact that they are a great form of self expression, that anybody should be accepted with tattoos. i have a tattoo, and i am not a biker, a prisoner, nor a member of a band, but i also don't see myself as a poseur either. you can believe what you want but i just don't think you fully understand tattoos if you are saying something like you did.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's fine some of you feel the way you do. I, however, feel a bit differently. When it came time to get my first tattoo, there was no question what it was going to be - a Cubs logo.

See, the Cubs are damn near part of my family.

As a kid growing up in the western suburbs of Chicago (Downers Grove), I'd get home from school and watch the Cubs every day after school. My family even had season tickets, starting in 1983. The 1984 play-off run was well documented when I was in 4th grade, and every day, we talked about it in class. Fast-foreward to 2000, and my Grandmother's death - a woman who lived near Orlando, FL, who would regularly drive to Atlanta to see the Cubs when they played the Braves - and there were only two items on her casket at her funeral; a photo, and her floppy Cubs hat. Even today, the first thing I talk about with my Dad when I get on the phone is usually the Cubs, even though I live more than 600 miles from Wrigley Field.

Point is, and back to that first tattoo, since I live in northern Minnesota - it's importaint to me to show the world how meaningfull the Cubs are to me, and my family. So I got this:

tattoo.jpg

If you don't like it, or think I'm a "poseur," you can kiss my ass...

Moose

Nobody should have tattoos but the following:

Bikers

Prisoners

Guys in politically defiant bands.

Everyone else is a poseur, and has made tattoos less cool.

Are tattoos still considered politically defiant?

I mean, tattoos that are about something that you legitimately want to express or reflect something that is a big part of who you are (e.g. Moose's Cubs tat) can actually be meaningful. But anybody that gets a tattoo as an expression of rebellion is about 40 years late.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I would make some crack about never being able to shed that loser label now that it's tattooed on your calf, but I won't since it obviously has a great deal of meaning to you. I just unearthed a photo of myself at age 3 dressed in head to toe Cubs gear from a weekend I stayed with my grandparents while my parents were out of town. It was pretty scarring to see that.

*To be clear, I'm a White Sox fan.

maybe this guy has followed them since '97 when they moved to NC. or even worked as part of the front office crew.

That doesn't change the fact that the tattoo itself sucks.

i wasnt commenting on the quality of the tattoo or lack there of. i was commenting on his insinuation this was person was a "BANDWAGONER". yet he doesnt know the person or anything about that person.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

maybe this guy has followed them since '97 when they moved to NC. or even worked as part of the front office crew.

That doesn't change the fact that the tattoo itself sucks.

i wasnt commenting on the quality of the tattoo or lack there of. i was commenting on his insinuation this was person was a "BANDWAGONER". yet he doesnt know the person or anything about that person.

Got ya. Yeah, I have to agree. I don't really see anything to indicate that this guy is a bandwagoner.

So I think the verdect is...

Bandwagoner - maybe, maybe not, difficult to tell

Poor taste in tattoo artists - DEFINITELY

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Well I did leave a question mark after the bandwagoner comment to leave myself some wiggle room lol.

However knowing the type of fan that rushes out and gets all caught up in the champoinship stuff usually falls in the bandwagoner category. That plus how many people went to Canes games before the cup year.

Thats pretty much what I was getting at.

Bandwaggoner? who knows, just some generalizations I came up with.

But once again, that tattoo sucks.

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Well I did leave a question mark after the bandwagoner comment to leave myself some wiggle room lol.

However knowing the type of fan that rushes out and gets all caught up in the champoinship stuff usually falls in the bandwagoner category. That plus how many people went to Canes games before the cup year.

Thats pretty much what I was getting at.

Bandwaggoner? who knows, just some generalizations I came up with.

Yes, and it's a particularly silly one on its face.

Bandwaggoners buy lots of merchandise. They don't permanently mark their bodies.

But once again, that tattoo sucks.

Agreed.

I doubt the guy's your typical bandwaggoner. He's probably a huge Hurricanes fan and thrilled that his joke of a franchise actually won the Cup. I don't see anything wrong with that.

If he's a bandwaggoner, there are probably several poorly-drawn trophies on the rest of his body. Maybe a Stanley Cup with a big gold and green star behind it for '99, or one trapped in a blizzard for '96 and '01, and if he's old enough, he's got to have a Cup filled with oil from the '80s.

bosoxtattoo_700.jpgAt the risk of offending anybody, here are two more tats

Islanders2.jpg

habs8.jpg

The isles one is done well but i wouldnt get it

The habs tat is poor quality

The red sox one is interesting, never seen one like that before, not my style though.

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Wow... that Red Sox tattoo, while gaudy, is exquisitely done. I'm also impressed with the Pooh... which is appropriate for the Isles. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm going to be getting an STL on me at somepoint. As well as my family crest. I'm sure I'll get more and if I want to get a Bears logo at some point, I'm going to. If i want to get a full arm sleeve, I'm going to. If I want the Chicago flag, I'm going to get that. Because tattoos are for ME. They aren't for you. I live with them. I'm happy with them. And I'm not a biker, prisoner, or band member. I'm a guy who loves to express himself through art. What better form of that than on your body?

You know what the difference between someone WITH tattoos and someone without?

I don't care that you don't have any.

Archived