What a horrible tattoo

charger77

I'm going to be getting an STL on me at somepoint. As well as my family crest. I'm sure I'll get more and if I want to get a Bears logo at some point, I'm going to. If i want to get a full arm sleeve, I'm going to. If I want the Chicago flag, I'm going to get that. Because tattoos are for ME. They aren't for you. I live with them. I'm happy with them. And I'm not a biker, prisoner, or band member. I'm a guy who loves to express himself through art. What better form of that than on your body?

You know what the difference between someone WITH tattoos and someone without?

I don't care that you don't have any.

Well said, Pat.

As for the original one, I won't jump on the guy, or any guy, for getting a particular tattoo design. If you want the Stanley Cup and the Hurricanes logo tattooed on you because the team means something or that particular year meant something in your life or any other sports logo for that matter, then more power to you. But for gods sake, if you're going to do it, spend the extra cash and go to someone who's going to make it look good. If something means enough to you to get it tattooed, then it means enough for you to throw a little cash at it and make it look good.

That original tattoo, and the link that Lamicus shared, is just terrible, terrible work. Meanwhile, while that Red Sox tattoo isn't something that I'd get, it looks absolutely amazing. And actually, I'd actually consider getting the baseball diamond and the B logo looking like that, though. Because that run was something special and something I'll always remember. But I digress. No tattoo idea is bad if the design itself means something to you. Execution, however, can be very bad.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody should have tattoos but the following:

Bikers

Prisoners

Guys in politically defiant bands.

Everyone else is a poseur, and has made tattoos less cool.

You need to add military members to your "list". My buddy got a badass one of him with his SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) during OIF.

Now that my server's back online, I can show off the tattoo I have on my right arm. I got it done in April of 2000, but had the idea for it for a few years before that. The artist (Mike at Trilogy Tattoo in Dallas) did a fantastic job taking my concept and making it reality--first by drawing up the idea, then with the ink itself.

This picture was taken a couple of days after it was done.

kj-tat.jpg

I've thought about getting a similiar one done on my left arm, except the bear would be playing soccer instead of hockey.

Screw your "list" of who can/can't have tattoos. As long as they're original and done well, I think they're great.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That plus how many people went to Canes games before the cup year.

You have to go to games all the time or you're a "bandwagoner"?

I guess I'm a Lightning bandwagoner then since I can't afford to go to any games.

Or I guess I'm a Marshall bandwagoner too because I moved and can't make it to their games anymore either.

That plus how many people went to Canes games before the cup year.

You have to go to games all the time or you're a "bandwagoner"?

I guess I'm a Lightning bandwagoner then since I can't afford to go to any games.

Or I guess I'm a Marshall bandwagoner too because I moved and can't make it to their games anymore either.

People were not at canes games because of cost, they were not going because of lack of interest

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived