OF Carlos Beltran - NYM

OF Alfonso Soriano - WSH

OF Matt Holliday - COL

EDITED: To add other award winners

saBS.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeter, the most overrated defensive player in years, gets another? Not bad for a guy with average range... then again, he makes the "clutch" defensive plays. :rolleyes:

Too Bad Alex Gonzalez got hurt. He was a shoo-in for the AL SS Gold Glove.

IUe6Hvh.png

Michael Young got robbed. He played five more games, 64 more innings, had 137 more balls hit his way, put out 27 more, 119 more assists, committed one less error, was part of 22 more double plays, had a higher fielding percentage, and has a higher range factor and zone rating than Jeter. He was better in every possible way than Jeter but didn't get the award. Ridiculous.

Curtis Granderson should have won an OF Gold Glove over Wells, his fielding percentage was nine points higher and had one less assist on a team that gave up less hits.

GG for pitcher should have gone to somebody that commited less than five errors, Jake Westbrook and Chien-Ming Wang are a couple that come to mind.

Save the slugalo.

I think Mike Lowell had a fantastic season as well at 3B. I would of liked to see him win the GG. As for Gonzalez, I think he got robbed. He did fantastic this year and I hope he resigns with the Sox for the 2007 season.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think Mike Lowell had a fantastic season as well at 3B. I would of liked to see him win the GG. As for Gonzalez, I think he got robbed. He did fantastic this year and I hope he resigns with the Sox for the 2007 season.

He missed entirely too much time towards the end of the year. He played Gold Glove defense when he was healthy, though. I hope they resign him too. I'll never get tired of plays like this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VqTCFNzcaW8

IUe6Hvh.png

I gave up on Gold Gloves the year Rafael Palmiero won his, after playing something absurd like 45 games at first base.

Congrats to the rest, however.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

NL Gold Glove Winners

1B Albert Pujols - STL

2B Orlando Hudson - ARZ

3B Scott Rolen - STL

SS Omar Vizquel - SF

OF Andruw Jones - ATL

OF Carlos Beltran - NYM

OF Mike Cameron - SD

C Brad Ausmus - HOU

P Greg Maddux - LAD

saBS.png

About all I'm certain of is that Albert Pujols being the NL MVP, and if I don't see him win unanimously I'll be shocked. He had the highest average of any NL playoff player, and more homers and RBIs than any player who made the playoffs. Not to mention he's an excellent fielder, and his team won the World Series. Case closed.

That said, Ryan Howard did have a good year, and if the Phillies are smart, they will get him to sign a 10-year, $2M contract so that he will play in Philadelphia for years to come.

LvZYtbZ.png

If Hanley Ramirez or Dan Uggla don't win the NL ROY there is something wrong with the process. Especially Hanley, the stats he put up are crazy for a rookie shortstop.

Hanley:

119 Runs, 5th in NL

185 Hits, 10th in NL

46 Doubles, 7th in NL

11 Tripes, 6th in NL

17 Home Runs, 4th among NL SS

51 Stolen Bases, 3rd in NL

292/353/480

1997 | 2003

Ausmus is a darn good defensive catcher, but I just don't understand how Yadier Molina didn't get the GG at catcher for the NL this year.

He throws out like 40+% of baserunners and picked off like 10+ at first base including one to literally win a ballgame.

Oh well. The first one is always the hardest one to win. After that it kinda seems like you have it until you get hurt or screw up real bad. Albert broke through and won his this year, I guess we gotta wait at least another year for Yadier.

Again, at least Ausmus really is a darn good defensive catcher, it could have gone to someone who really didn't deserve it.

Mike Cameron? Are you kidding? Hawpe, Pierre, Gonzalez, Bay, and Murton all deserve it more than he does. I could even make a case that three of them deserve it more than Jones.

I probably didn't see enough games of any of those guys to say for sure, but Mike Cameron was darn good in the OF in every game I saw him play. From the games I watched, any runner testing his arm should be worried, and he turned a lot of doubles into singles or even outs.

I can't complain about Cameron getting it.

I think you can make a case against Jones though. I think at this point he's winning it just on reputation and health. He's not near as good as he once was and sometimes plays balls plain bad. I dunno who deserves it more than him, but someone probably does.

Freakin' horsecrap on the GGs. Yadi threw out 44% of baserunners this year. Asmus? 22% 2 points for asmus was a better ERA, and 1 passed ball to 7 for molina. But Molina changes the game. Mangers can't run, they can't hit and run, runners on first get small secondary leads, all because this kid has a freakin' cannon.

I'm not all homer. No way in hell rolen deserves it this year. Not his totals, but he had some errors at key times this year. Can't happen to a gold glover. (THIS year, still one of the best at third all time. I said ONE of the best, not THE)

Jones and Cameron are questionable, but I can let that slide. Pujols deserved his. Should Maddux get one every year? I know he's great...after the ball is pitched. But he holds runners on for crap. That's part of defense to me. Hudson was a solid choice, as was Vizquel and Beltran.

I love the Gold Gloves because I love defense, but its just awful how they usually turn out.

About all I'm certain of is that Albert Pujols being the NL MVP, and if I don't see him win unanimously I'll be shocked. He had the highest average of any NL playoff player, and more homers and RBIs than any player who made the playoffs. Not to mention he's an excellent fielder, and his team won the World Series. Case closed.

That said, Ryan Howard did have a good year, and if the Phillies are smart, they will get him to sign a 10-year, $2M contract so that he will play in Philadelphia for years to come.

2 mil total or 2 mil per for 10 years?!? For that production?!? Snowball's chance in hell, dog. See Jose Reyes and David Wright for more palatable numbers.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived