Mohawks in Sports

Shroinke

I'm not sure if this belongs on this forum, but seeing as it's purely aesthetics, why not?

The mohawks in sports this year has officially gotten out of control.

First Clinton Portis and Chad Johnson in the NFL, now....

nba_g_harrington_268.jpg

That's right, that's Al Harrington of the Pacers rockin' the 'hawk last night.

A lot of Oklahoma State football players went out and got mohawks before the season started, but most of them have dropped the style as the season's progressed - with the exception of Victor DeGrate. DeGrate even modified it during the season to include the OSU brand...

DCGUWCDWDBUFFRR.20060903031242.JPG

YMTBJGPGNCWCYHS.20060912135636.jpg

degrate2a.jpg

i think they look really good in sports, but thats just because they are different. i also liked rodmans hair, so judge me if you want. i think they look good because they are unique and they give a break from rows, bald heads, and close cuts. fros, mohawks, and rodmans hair are great!

It is a person's choice. I have no problem with it. I would never do it to my hair, but if they want to wear it, so what.

I just meant mohawks as a trend. Of course it's up to the individual's choice.

In that case I don't like them. It just looks odd to have a streak of hair down the middle of your head. But in football it dosen't really matter, you have a helmet. But as I said before if you want attention you should wear it.

saBS.png

Chad(fined by the NFL for the ocho cinco incident)'s mohawk is now gone after losing a bet with friend DeAngelo Hall of the Atlanta Falcons. If the Bengals would have won then Hall would have to work at Fatburger, a restaurant chain in Atlanta owned by Chad's teammate Willie Anderson

heh, my cousin think he got a mohawk :D ya can't really tell though, cus all he did was cut the rest of his hair short. heh, and to think until recently I only saw some crazy 'hawks on punk rockers.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i think they look really good in sports, but thats just because they are different. i also liked rodmans hair, so judge me if you want. i think they look good because they are unique and they give a break from rows, bald heads, and close cuts. fros, mohawks, and rodmans hair are great!

Rodman's style was great because ONLY Rodman had that kind of hairstyle. This is just an another annoying fad that everybody's been following since Diddy brought it back. It's annoying how everyone just follows other people and don't really doing their own thing and be unique. Nowadays it seems like to be "cool", you gotta be like everyone else. I thought only regular people imitated celebrities.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived