Just when you thought the Buffaslug couldn't get any worse....

IceCap

The only reason I might give the preds the edge is that their logo is larger. Also, the Buffaslug seems to be camoflauging itself against the yellow of the practice jersey. But they are both, indeed, very ugly.

It's funny, you'd think, me being a Sabres fan and all, and seeing the slug around constantly and combining that with the fact that the team is playing well wearing that logo, that I would start to get USED to seeing it. But it hasn't happened yet. Every time I see it I still get the same "ugh, yuck!" reaction I got the first time I saw it.

Does anyone else here purposely buy notoriously ugly jerseys, just to have them in your collection? I don't mean a practice jersey like this, but the actual jersey? I've got Gorton's Fisherman, Mooterus, the Yotes inaugural jersey, the Predley's mustard 3rd, and eventhough I hate the Sabres, I had to have something with the Buffaslug on it, so I got a Drury player name/number t-shirt. Don't get me wrong, I love good looking jerseys too, and I think my favorite would be my Whalers jersey, but there's just something about knowing you'll always have those notoriously awful logos in your collection.

Does anyone else here purposely buy notoriously ugly jerseys, just to have them in your collection? I don't mean a practice jersey like this, but the actual jersey? I've got Gorton's Fisherman, Mooterus, the Yotes inaugural jersey, the Predley's mustard 3rd, and eventhough I hate the Sabres, I had to have something with the Buffaslug on it, so I got a Drury player name/number t-shirt. Don't get me wrong, I love good looking jerseys too, and I think my favorite would be my Whalers jersey, but there's just something about knowing you'll always have those notoriously awful logos in your collection.

I know how you feel. Some things are just so ridiculously ugly, you have to have one.

I know how you feel too.

So much so....that I put in an order last week to have a my own #29 Jason Pominville Buffalo practice jersey.

Does that include that Tampa Bay Lightning "Storm" alt jersey from about '96-'98???

Everything that has ever come out of the Anaheim Ducks organization is on the top of my list of ugliest apparell ever. The worst of it all had to be the all-over print jersey they had with the cartoon super-duck thing. They embarassed the NHL with that...

DropThePucks.com has an example of it here. I feel bad for anyone who wore that...on or off the ice.

Everything that has ever come out of the Anaheim Ducks organization is on the top of my list of ugliest apparell ever. The worst of it all had to be the all-over print jersey they had with the cartoon super-duck thing. They embarassed the NHL with that...

DropThePucks.com has an example of it here. I feel bad for anyone who wore that...on or off the ice.

Someone (RC?) did that jersey in the ducks current colours, and it may have been the single most awesome concept I've seen.

I'll have to see if I can find that, I'd be interested in seeing it.

The thing about the Ducks is they were sort of cursed from the beginning. The name itself is tough to deal with when it comes to creating something timeless/tough/simple. They truly have a conundrum on their hands, made only slightly better by no longer being related to Disney. I've been meaning to have a contest for solving this issue for ages. Maybe now that they've gone and changed logos/uniforms I should do it and see what people come up with.

I think it's in RC's signature- and I don't think they're in as much of a conundrum now as they were with Disney. Without the movie advertising, they're free to design as they please. Now their current look isn't great, but they're not stuck. Plenty of teams with wierd names have good looks, and while the Nike jerseys aren't always great, Oregon has, and has had in the past, great looks for a team called "ducks".

I have to toss a few rusted coins in on this.

The Slug practice jersey looks awful. Simply put. The Preds one does too.

The Preds' mustard stuff just plain looks disturbing. However, I love the 3D logo. In fact, I have a hat that I wear all the time with that logo on it. It's navy with bright yellow trim and bill stitching, with the old NHL logo (downward slant) on the back in silver (surprised me too, when I noticed the differences when they changed).

Personally, I love the Preds' logos. The original is very solid, the 3D compliments it very well, and I honestly would like to see more of the fossil alt. It's very unique, and is the missing link between the team's image and why said image was chosen (fossilized remains of a sabretoothed tiger found in Nashville while digging to build a skyscraper).

However, our uses of mustard as a Primary color have simply made us look ridiculous. Some people like the mustard jerseys...I personally would require a large pay-off to be seen in one, myself. :hockeysmiley:

I honestly would like to see more of the fossil alt. It's very unique, and is the missing link between the team's image and why said image was chosen (fossilized remains of a sabretoothed tiger found in Nashville while digging to build a skyscraper).

I didn't know that story, that's really cool. I love it when team mascots/logos have a true meaning, and a backstory, rather than just something random. That sounds like a good idea for another thread. Just list backstories for team's names. Who cares to start one, because I don't think I have any interesting stories to give, other than the fact that my alma mater, Florida State, is named after the, "unconquered by the American government", Seminole Indians that were indigenous to Northern Florida.

Archived