Falcons fire reeves

Saintsfan

It's stupid...I don't understand...he had his team in a position of being predicted to go to the SB. His star went down. Maybe it's not good that he relyed so heavily on one player, but firing him won't fix that, that's how the team is. Anyway, Vick comes back, and they beat the playoff bound Panthers. Then they fire Reeves...

Apparently Reeves was told the owner would make the decision at the end of the year and Reeves said make it immediatley.

This is wrong....A 5 years ago Reeves took a nothing Falcon team to the Super Bowl. Now when his qb goes down and they lose he gets fired. That is wrong.

This guy took the Falcons to thier only SB, and the playoffs last year. He should have gotten a grace period for the SB and this year a bye because of Vick.

It personally seemed to me that Reeves never really fitted the new sleeker image the Falcons were trying to put out, but it does seem weird releasing a respected and experienced coach after the year the Falcons have had.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Sounds to me like STL's scenario is the most realistic.  I can see Dan Reeves going to ownership and saying "don't beat around the bush; if I'm going to be let go, do it now rather than letting it hang over the team as another unneeded distraction."  I would think this would be a great job for Dennis Green but I don't know whether Art Blank will dig Green's desire for absolute control over all FB operations.  My guess is that they will probably go for a younger, offensive minded asssitant coach from another team.  

Wonder if Deion has already faxed his resume? :D  :D  :D

I'm always amazed Green doesn't get mentioned for more jobs! I know he didnb't win any championships at the ikings but it always seemed to me he did an outstanding job!

BTW Phillips will have head coached 4 NFL teams now, (Saints and Falcons as interim, Bills and Broncos in his own right!) Is that a record? At least modern day?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

BTW Phillips will have head coached 4 NFL teams now, (Saints and Falcons as interim, Bills and Broncos in his own right!) Is that a record? At least modern day?

He he since I posted this it occurred to me that Bill Parcells has coached 4 teams! D'oh!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Actually, now it sounds like not only did Blank say a decision would be made to him, he told him was gonna be fired at the end of the year and Reeves said let me go now then, though he did not quit.

Do coaches count against the cap? I really hope Lovie doesn't go anywhere though. They can try and hire Martz if they want though, I don't care. That way Lovie would have a job here anyway.

It will be hard to imagine Lovie Smith staying in St. Louis unless he becomes the head coach. I get the feeling their are going to be widesrpead changes this year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This was the right decision.

Dan Reeves is a good coach, for an old school team with a stand-back passer. Vick is neither.

I predict McKay as GM with Lovie SMith as coach. Not exactly sure thats what I'd LIKE, but i can definately see it happening.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Dennis Green anybody?

cnnsi.com is talkign about the fact that he is the only real candidate with experience in success. I guess I can see that, but Arthur Blank doesn't want a control hog. Hopefully Green can express that he isn't one in an interview.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived