Chargers NOT changing to powder blues....

seahawk9

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because you can make more money selling both the current set and the throwbacks?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

To be fair, the guy does own the team and all. However, it's an ill-advised business decision to stick with the navy blue if the fans are really clamoring for powder blue. I don't understand the point of being this stubborn.

i had the tv on, but muted last night at work... i was too busy to turn it on and see what was being said, but i saw berman holding up a dan fouts royal blue jersey, and screaming about something...

anyone catch it?

i had the tv on, but muted last night at work... i was too busy to turn it on and see what was being said, but i saw berman holding up a dan fouts royal blue jersey, and screaming about something...

anyone catch it?

Yup, he said, and I quote "The Chargers will be wearing the greatest football uniforms ever this week, it was supposed to be a celebration night for Junior Seau, but he's with the Patriots! So those plans are going to have to wait!" and then he went into the Two Minute Drill segment.

anyone catch it?

Yup, he said, and I quote "The Chargers will be wearing the greatest football uniforms ever this week, it was supposed to be a celebration night for Junior Seau, but he's with the Patriots! So those plans are going to have to wait!" and then he went into the Two Minute Drill segment.

he wasn't even holding a powder blue... he was holding the royal blue...........

are they wearing the fouts ones, or is he just insane?

I am the only one who feels that the powder blues are overrated? If they were really as good as some people claim, why were they abandoned in the first place? Plus, there is no good way to make the road whites look anything but bland.

I agree with you.

They've got a very nice start on the dark powder blue jerseys, but they're far from being ready for full time use, and it's hard to make the whites be anything special.

Then factor in to those problems the fact that the current set is beautiful and pretty much perfect in regards to simple design guidelines (mostly of my own, but they're basic and could be universal), and there is no reason to rush and change to the throwback.

If they want to develop a new set with powder blue...MAYBE...but don't just go back to the old ones.

Again, I'll toss these ideas I had a while back out there.

chargers.gif

chargers2.gif

To be fair, the guy does own the team and all. However, it's an ill-advised business decision to stick with the navy blue if the fans are really clamoring for powder blue. I don't understand the point of being this stubborn.

Never underestimate the arrogance of an NFL owner.

The #1 reason to buy a team is self-aggrandizement.

I am the only one who feels that the powder blues are overrated? If they were really as good as some people claim, why were they abandoned in the first place? Plus, there is no good way to make the road whites look anything but bland.

The same reason they went from royal to navy: updating for the sake of updating. Just because a team changes uniforms doesn't mean the new set is automactically better. Look at the Pistons. Would you have opposed going back to red, white, and blue just because they changed they made a bad decision to wear teal, red, and black for a few years?

I, for one, think they are overrated. DEATH TO THE POWDER BLUES!!! :cursing::D

I saw, I came, I left.

Does anyone really understand (in my opinion) how ugly those powder blues are and why the look was changed in the first place? Back in 1973 Harland Svare, the team's coach and GM loaded the Chargers with players like Deacon Jones, Johnny Unitas and Tim Rossovich. He was from George Allen's school of win now. The problem is, the team was one of the worst in the NFL, there was a huge drug scandal and there was nothing as sad as seeing Johnny U in blue hightops and the bolts on his helmet. When Tommy Prothro, the ex-UCLA and Rams coach came in, he looked to the north, saw how the Rams changed their success when they went blue and gold in 1973 (they won the West that year) and made the change (not to mention cleaning house). Ask a lot of the old guard and they'll saw the last time they saw the powder blues, the team was horrible, which it was. No one wants to go back to that era.

If you want to do the throwback thing right, make it an AFL throwback thing. Allow one of the teams, say Buffalo, to wear away throwbacks when they play at San Diego so it looks like a throwback game, not some conjured up thing to sell jerseys. The closest you'll get to this is the Jets or Chiefs playing at SD when SD wears its throwbacks.

Oh, as an aside, many people have said that the Chiefs have worn white on white at home before. never. They wore white at home during the 1980 season, but with red pants.

AMEN, brother! Preach it!!!

the throwbacks are a novelty item that should stay that way. In a recent poll on the San Diego Triubune forum, Fouts'era throwbacks won hands-down over the Collegiate Blues, 66 to 34 percent. I think to say the fans overwhelmingly want the current throwbacks over the current ones is misleading. One of the greatest looks is being, well, overlooked.

I couldn't find the original post to add the pic but someone a while back posted their photo shopped pic of the powder blues. They took all the powder blue and made it Navy. They kept the white helmet etc. It was the perfect combo of the powder's style with the current colors. They looked awesome. I thought it was the best of both worlds. It blew away (no pun intended) the powder blues. Just my 2 cents.

BB52Big.jpg

I agree. There isn't enough contrast in them and thus the colors blend together. It's different that the Panthers light blue because that is paired with black.

So once again DEATH TO THE POWDER BLUES, (As well as the Ball-In-Glove)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone catch it?

Just like he did in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.

He probably just uses the same segment taped from years ago. He has beating that dead horse for years (and knowing Berman, will continue to beat that dead horse for the next 20 years too).

Death to the powder blues, oh yes!

Anyway, the fact that so many Chargers fans buy the baby blue merchandise is probably one of the reasons that the team is sticking with their current uniform. Why would they switch to an old design that everyone is already buying and lose the opportunity to sell the navy merch? If anything, they'll make a completely new design and try to sell as much of they can from all of their past and present sets (like the Sabres did).

Archived