Chargers NOT changing to powder blues....

seahawk9

The heck with the powder blues, go back to the royal blue scheme with lots of yellow from the Air Coryell days.. Alas I hear Spanos hates yellow too--would get rid of it if he could..

Bring back the Whale!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not changing to powder blues...all I can say is...GOOD. I don't even want to see that outdated garbage twice a year. Maybe if they did something with the helmet it wouldn't be as bad, but I think it's just blah and the white version would probably be worse.

KISSwall09.jpg

I'm a little disappointed, but in retrospect its not like they can't wear them as throwbacks whenever they desire. In that case, we'll still see them used so I'll be happy.

There are other NFL teams that need a change much more than the Chargers. The Bills for example need a complete overhaul...like yesterday!

Does anyone know the website where the guy has the history of the Chargers uniforms? If so do you have a link?

Chargers.com, go to the history section.

Just like he did in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.

Just like he did in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.

He probably just uses the same segment taped from years ago. He has beating that dead horse for years (and knowing Berman, will continue to beat that dead horse for the next 20 years too).

He is the big reason why there is the push for the powder blues. If he doesn't get on national TV all the time and call the the greatest uniforms ever the uniforms would probably forgotten about except for a few times when they are worn to celebrate the teams anniversary. Sure a few people would still like them but it wouldn't ne as big without him. Let's face it the public in general does what they are told, they keep hearing the powder blues are so great on tv so they start to think this way.

I am the only one who feels that the powder blues are overrated? If they were really as good as some people claim, why were they abandoned in the first place? Plus, there is no good way to make the road whites look anything but bland.

You are not the only one who feels this way. They are not just overrated; they are the most overrated uniform in sports in my opinion. As I said on another board, my girl watched the Browns/Chargers game with me last weekend, and she immediately remarked about how ugly those uniforms were. If a 9 year-old can figure it out, then why can't intelligent adults?

I am the only one who feels that the powder blues are overrated? If they were really as good as some people claim, why were they abandoned in the first place? Plus, there is no good way to make the road whites look anything but bland.

You are not the only one who feels this way. They are not just overrated; they are the most overrated uniform in sports in my opinion. As I said on another board, my girl watched the Browns/Chargers game with me last weekend, and she immediately remarked about how ugly those uniforms were. If a 9 year-old can figure it out, then why can't intelligent adults?

Haha you act like it's a fact that they're ugly. OMGZ.

-Rob Roy

Your girl is just being brainwashed, poor girl :D

The Powder Blues are great. Not overrated, and blow away Old Man Spanos' blah navy blues.

I think the Air Coryell Royals are equally great too, circa 1979-1982 with the white bolt on the side of the Gold pants.

I've liked all the Charger's uniforms. The Air Coryell/Fouts era though were my favorite. There was something about that version of blue with the yellow pants. I like the Powder Blue, but really think it'd get old fast if they wore them all the time.

Honestly, the current set is nice. I'd like to see yellow pants and see how that would look.

If you want to do the throwback thing right, make it an AFL throwback thing. Allow one of the teams, say Buffalo, to wear away throwbacks when they play at San Diego so it looks like a throwback game, not some conjured up thing to sell jerseys. The closest you'll get to this is the Jets or Chiefs playing at SD when SD wears its throwbacks.

When San Diego plays at Buffalo this season, the Bills are scheduled to be in their throwbacks. While I highly doubt San Diego will miraculously come up with retro away jerseys -- which wouldn't be allowed anyway, right? -- I can still hope against hope that it will happen.

I think that the NFL has a right to stray away from the AFL days, however, and with good reason. They did win that battle and the right to move on -- which they've done. Since the merger, I can think of only the Jets and the Raiders look the same as they did in 1969.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If you want to do the throwback thing right, make it an AFL throwback thing. Allow one of the teams, say Buffalo, to wear away throwbacks when they play at San Diego so it looks like a throwback game, not some conjured up thing to sell jerseys. The closest you'll get to this is the Jets or Chiefs playing at SD when SD wears its throwbacks.

When San Diego plays at Buffalo this season, the Bills are scheduled to be in their throwbacks. While I highly doubt San Diego will miraculously come up with retro away jerseys -- which wouldn't be allowed anyway, right? -- I can still hope against hope that it will happen.

I think that the NFL has a right to stray away from the AFL days, however, and with good reason. They did win that battle and the right to move on -- which they've done. Since the merger, I can think of only the Jets and the Raiders look the same as they did in 1969.

Don't forget about the Chiefs.

The powder blues simply make them look like a delicate team of ballerinas. It's the dumbest, least intimidating uniform in the history of sports. They all look like freakin' Liberace wearing them.

postcard7.jpg

Look at me! I'm wearing powder blue!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The powder blues simply make them look like a delicate team of ballerinas. It's the dumbest, least intimidating uniform in the history of sports. They all look like freakin' Liberace wearing them.

postcard7.jpg

Look at me! I'm wearing powder blue!

When is everyone going to realize that uniforms don't make teams look intimidating, it's the players. Ask the Browns, I don't think they thought LT looked like Liberace while he ran all over them. I'm all for the COLLEGIATE blue uniforms, but I would also be happy with the Air Coryell uniforms. Just make the freakin' lightning bolts yellow again. They look so much better that way. This is coming from a die hard Chargers fan by the way.

The powder blues simply make them look like a delicate team of ballerinas. It's the dumbest, least intimidating uniform in the history of sports.

I'd say you have a strong case if it weren't for teams like the Raiders and Steelers having horrible seasons. Some pretty intimidating unis for some pretty awful teams right now.

The powder blues simply make them look like a delicate team of ballerinas. It's the dumbest, least intimidating uniform in the history of sports.

I'd say you have a strong case if it weren't for teams like the Raiders and Steelers having horrible seasons. Some pretty intimidating unis for some pretty awful teams right now.

I second that... anybody with a lot of free time (I'm looking at you, college students) want to correlate uniform intimidation with wins?

Also, I have yet to find anybody who has been intimidated by pale teal or orange... and who will be popping champagne corks when the Colts lose?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The powders are cool, but why change when the navy/yellow are outstanding?

The current navy/white/yellows could work if they just switched all the white with yellow. As they stand now the yellow is barley visible.

Archived