Buffa'Slugged!

Neon_Matrix

Well, I have been saying it all week (to my friends...and yes I do have many!) that tonight (saturday) the Sabres would suffer their first regulation loss this season. While being a Leafs fan I was just gloating for the sake of gloating...I knew we wouldn't win because we never beat Buffalo, especially in Buffalo and against a VERY good Buffalo team. Well, looks like now I can keep saying "I told you so!" to Leafs nay-sayers now that we became the first team this season to tarnish Buffalos perfect record. I also thought my topic title was very witty...

More here.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183005&hubname=

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

It was bound to happen. Buffalo will probably win the President's Trophy. They just have the best all-around team.

Which means no Lord Stanley's Cup for the city of Buffalo this year....That President's Trophy is the kiss of death in the NHL.

That is completely un-true, Tampa won it in 04 and won the cup and Detroit did the same in 2002.

I'm sure there is more examples but these are more recent.

Hi, how are you?

It was bound to happen. Buffalo will probably win the President's Trophy. They just have the best all-around team.

Which means no Lord Stanley's Cup for the city of Buffalo this year....That President's Trophy is the kiss of death in the NHL.

2002 - Detroit -> wins cup against Carolina

2001 - Colorado ->wins cup against New Jersey

1999 - Dallas ->wins cup against Buffalo :cursing:

1994 - New York Rangers ->wins cup against vancouver

to some extent you are right

only 4 teams have won the cup and the presidents trophy since 1990.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I honestly had no doubt in my mid that the Leafs would win! They beat Tampa and lost to florida, and all i hear at school is Leafs suck, Leafs suck! so i tell everyone they'll beat Buffalo, then i get laughed at. So now what all you kids?

untitled-6.jpg

I honestly had no doubt in my mid that the Leafs would win! They beat Tampa and lost to florida, and all i hear at school is Leafs suck, Leafs suck! so i tell everyone they'll beat Buffalo, then i get laughed at. So now what all you kids?

The leafs still suck :P

1zqy8ok.gif

I was at last night's game... incredible.

This team is going to destroy people and devour souls. I love it.

That arena looked empty, aren't they supposed to have good fans. Versus hyped them up to be a "huge" hockey city. It looked like 10,000 fans were there on Monday against the best team in the league. 1/2 of them being from Buffalo or rooting for Buffalo.

saBS.png

That arena looked empty, aren't they supposed to have good fans. Versus hyped them up to be a "huge" hockey city. It looked like 10,000 fans were there on Monday against the best team in the league. 1/2 of them being from Buffalo or rooting for Buffalo.

It didn't just look empty... it WAS empty. Reported attendance was just over 14,000, but that includes all the season ticket holders that showed up as empty seats. There was an entire section in the lower bowl with no one in it. If I had to guess, I'd say it was much closer to 10,000, if not less, with 1,000 to 1,500 being Sabres fans, including much of my section.

Canes fans have started to hate Sabres fans, primarily because we show up, then show them up.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

It didn't just look empty... it WAS empty. Reported attendance was just over 14,000, but that includes all the season ticket holders that showed up as empty seats. There was an entire section in the lower bowl with no one in it. If I had to guess, I'd say it was much closer to 10,000, if not less, with 1,000 to 1,500 being Sabres fans, including much of my section.

Canes fans have started to hate Sabres fans, primarily because we show up, then show them up.

Good. :D

Archived