Finally! My Los Angeles Dodgers Alternate Uniform Concept

averyj

The Making Of...

I don?t remember when I had the idea to create a new Los Angeles Dodgers jersey, or why frankly, but it was around the time of third or fourth grade, and I probably thought it was a neat looking design, or I had too much time on my hands, both of which I still do today. It started off as a sketch, which grew into a primitive Microsoft Word document using AutoShapes and lines ? It was the equivalent of a caveman with a vague understanding of the uniform, who could use a computer ? somewhat to be expected from an elementary school student. I put it down for a while, a very long while, a four-year while.

My obsession with the uniform was revitalized when I stumbled upon the National Baseball Hall of Fame?s Uniform Database. I lost the file that contained the primitive design of the uniform, but then again, the thing was hideous, so I did myself and the world a favor by losing it. Pretty much, all I remembered was blue pinstripes and the Dodgers logo on a vest, which, in theory, was all the file had in it, well maybe some random lines around it, but that was it. This being said, I realized I had to start from scratch.

Granted, I?m only 13, which means that I?m no Donald Trump, which means I can?t afford a professional image editing program like Adobe Photoshop which can go for about $650.00 ? which means ? that I have to use the standard image programs that come with my computer; Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Word. Even though I have limited resources, I make the most of them, which is something important to remember for life in general.

A short time ago, I discovered SportsLogos.net and Boards.SportsLogos.net. I then switched over to the Chris Creamer template. The Chris Creamer?s Sports Logos Community really is a community, a place where people can converse, ask for help, and just have fun with others.

The Uniform...

BasicCurlyLAPNG.png

Obviously this would NEVER replace the home uniform, more likely to be a sunday alternate.

If any of you remember, the cap logo was the one unveiled previously by me. And If you cant tell, the uniform base color is cream.

Well, whaddya think?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

The Making Of...

I don?t remember when I had the idea to create a new Los Angeles Dodgers jersey, or why frankly, but it was around the time of third or fourth grade, and I probably thought it was a neat looking design, or I had too much time on my hands, both of which I still do today. It started off as a sketch, which grew into a primitive Microsoft Word document using AutoShapes and lines ? It was the equivalent of a caveman with a vague understanding of the uniform, who could use a computer ? somewhat to be expected from an elementary school student. I put it down for a while, a very long while, a four-year while.

My obsession with the uniform was revitalized when I stumbled upon the National Baseball Hall of Fame?s Uniform Database. I lost the file that contained the primitive design of the uniform, but then again, the thing was hideous, so I did myself and the world a favor by losing it. Pretty much, all I remembered was blue pinstripes and the Dodgers logo on a vest, which, in theory, was all the file had in it, well maybe some random lines around it, but that was it. This being said, I realized I had to start from scratch.

Granted, I?m only 13, which means that I?m no Donald Trump, which means I can?t afford a professional image editing program like Adobe Photoshop which can go for about $650.00 ? which means ? that I have to use the standard image programs that come with my computer; Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Word. Even though I have limited resources, I make the most of them, which is something important to remember for life in general.

A short time ago, I discovered SportsLogos.net and Boards.SportsLogos.net. I then switched over to the Chris Creamer template. The Chris Creamer?s Sports Logos Community really is a community, a place where people can converse, ask for help, and just have fun with others.

The Uniform...

BasicCurlyLAPNG.png

Obviously this would NEVER replace the home uniform, more likely to be a sunday alternate.

If any of you remember, the cap logo was the one unveiled previously by me. And If you cant tell, the uniform base color is cream.

Well, whaddya think?

I like it as a sunday alt but I would get rid of the stripe because it's remined me of the hedious Angels little league uniform they had from 1997-2001.

Also, the LA logo should never be change. But other than that, I kind of like it.

Extremely clean for Paint, and extremely nice for 13.

Let's see JJ and Patsox say that they're are great at concepts because of their age.

Thanks! Here's the modified one:

BlueTrimmingCurlyLAwithWatermarkPNG.png

Nice updates! Now...change the number on the back to blue and change the sleeves to white.

J/K.

I just got the feeling watching each update that people were subconsciously trying to guide you back to their regular home uniform. I like it. Even the different LA look on the cap.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Yeah, I noticed that too, but, I'm glad the drop shadow is gone, I'm still semi-mourning the loss of the pintripes though.

Not bad, but as a Dodger fan, I can't support the use of the cream, as that's what the hated Giants use for their homes.

So am I, just think of the cream as a taunt to the Giants fans...

:D

Archived