University of Tulsa Golden Hurricane New Logo

Cokeologist

When visiting my alma mater a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that there is apparently a new logo for their mascot, the Golden Hurricane. I saw it used around campus and on some university vehicles, but can't find it anywhere on their web site. I would like to have a version of this logo for my computer desktop wallpaper - can anyone help? Thanks very much in advance!

goldenhurricane.gif

When visiting my alma mater a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that there is apparently a new logo for their mascot, the Golden Hurricane. I saw it used around campus and on some university vehicles, but can't find it anywhere on their web site. I would like to have a version of this logo for my computer desktop wallpaper - can anyone help? Thanks very much in advance!

goldenhurricane.gif

An anthropomorphic natural disaster! SCORE!!! :therock:

(Well...I guess it really wasn't too many ways to go with a nickname like the "Golden Hurricane"...)

Why does this thing look like an amalgation of Superman and Space Ghost?

Looks a little bit dorky; but then again, having a hurricane as a mascot for a university in the northeast part of a landlocked state is a little dorky itself. :D

I'll give TU this though, that logo looks a lot more intimidating than Captain Cane, whose head looks more like a beehive than a hurricane. For comparison, here's the real-life Captain Cane...

halleyparty4.JPG

Captain_Cane-150.jpg

It looks like upside-down ice cream, soft-serve, of course. It actually reminds me of something I would've done when I first started making logos. I still do have a very cartoonistic style, but have managed to creep away slightly.

Muffin.png

Sample of some of my old work...although the Tulsa one is done better, there are some similarities in style.

Am i the only one who thinks its a HUGE upgrade?!

*sound of crickets chirping*

once again I pose the question: "Why do all natural disaster logos that involve cyclones, tornados, hurricances and such all look the same?"

They all look terrible!

Archived