Concepts

Throwback

u really have to figure out how to get best at your own game. clearly you have ms paint and surely thats not the best tool to use but thats okay cuz u can still find ways to make a good lokking concept. I use paint also, and even though i'm still not perfect i found a way to make my concepts look better by finding easier ways to do things. use the magnifying zoom tool for your helmets and jerseys to clean them up. the jets pant stripe is a terrific idea, but that wont mean anything unless u can make it look great also. dont be so generic with your fonts. I know for a fact that there is a place where u can copy and paste Nfl number fonts just for paint and then you yourself use the strech/skew tool to make the number smaller and then make a unique outline. Add more detail to your jerseys by using stripes, shoulder logos, and tv numbers. For tv numbers all you have to do is take your front number make it smaller (i usually make this number smaller by making 100 % turn into 40%) then just rotate the number and its perfect.

Heres the fonts i was talking about: NFL TrueType Fonts

hope i helped.

-sharplcd

It's not an alt. It's the work of someone on this board.

r u trying 2 say that i got ripped of.

YOU did not get ripped off. You simply put a logo on a concept that you obviously had no idea was done by someone on this board, that was ripped off by that site. It isn't an alternate logo for the club at all, it was just one made for the club that people wish they used.

This place is getting dumber.

YOU did not get ripped off. You simply put a logo on a concept that you obviously had no idea was done by someone on this board, that was ripped off by that site. It isn't an alternate logo for the club at all, it was just one made for the club that people wish they used.

Easy, buddy. He probably had no idea that it was created by someone here. He simply saw it on a site under 'NFL Logos' and used it for his concept. The real issue should be against the website that posted the logo.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well whomever made it must very talented, I love it.

~?~

Is this also copied??

IndyColts6.GIF

No, that's not anything copied from this board, I believe. I think this was floated as a Colts redesign ? I can't remember when ? but thankfully it didn't go through.

As for the concepts in your original post, they're not too shabby for Paint/Gimp.

On the Lions set, black numbers are going to be hard to read on a blue jersey, especially if they don't have any outline on them.

I really like that pant stripe on the Jets' set.

The Steelers set has some good ideas that I'm not sure would go over well with their fans, but it's always good to experiment.

Keep experimenting though ? three of the four sets have the same double stripe on the pants. Mix it up a little.

And remember that nameplates are usually done in all caps, rather than in lowercases like you have them. I could go off on a tangent about the use of Comic Sans on your Cardinals' nameplates, but I'll just say I'm not a fan of that font and leave it at that.

And TigersFan92826, for future reference, it's probably not a good idea to post your own stuff in a thread someone else started. Some people can get pretty touchy about threadjacking like that. Don't hesitate to start your own thread.

Throwback, you got some decent ideas, they just need to be cleaned up a bit. I would suggest using something different, possibly Paint.NET, which is similar to MS Paint but better (uses magic wand tool, layers, etc.), or Inkscape, a vector-based program like Adobe Illustrator (but not as good, or expensive). Both are free and relatively easy.

I think less is more when it comes to football jerseys, and to an extent, all sports uniforms. There's an awful lot of white for a home uniform due to the shoulder yokes, and with the blue body and red sleeves, the whole thing looks stitched together out of multiple jerseys. The giant shoulder logos and number style reminds me of the 1996 Patriots, by the way. If you make the shoulders navy and color in the socks, you'll be on to something, though.

Is this also copied??

IndyColts6.GIF

This is from a bank here in Indy. Union Federal Bank (just recently bought out by Sun Banks) had (until the Sun buyout) owned the naming rights to the Colts practice facility. For some promotions around town they created this horrible logo since there is probably some NFL thing that won't let them use the horseshoe logo. I haven't seen it used in 3-4 years. Hope this helps. Go Horse.

Archived