Niners Wearing Throwbacks

Shroinke

Uh-oh. Somebody is getting fined for no white showing at the bottom of their socks. I think the throwbacks look good, but next to those vikings unis, they look Great. The vikings are wearing all white again, have we seen the last of the purple pants already?

MegatronSig2.jpg

pl_734620.jpg

The classic Niners uniforms are some of the best in all of football. Simple, clean, and timeless.

I don't see why they don't switch back to them full time. The fans love them and the team needs any positives they can find right now.

I don't see why they don't switch back to them full time. The fans love them and the team needs any positives they can find right now.

because they have absolutely no gold on the jerseys and nothing that identifies them as the 49ers. and the pants are flat tan, not gold.

case in point, when i was wearing my jerry rice jersey when i was in college in 1995, someone actually came up to me and asked me where I GOT MY NEBRASKA JERSEY.

and the current look has been embraced by the fans. there is no mindless, sheepish clamoring for full time returns to throwbacks in san francisco like there is in san diego and buffalo.

they were good for thier time, but the modern uniforms combine traditional elements and modern elements perfectly. I only wish they made the change sooner. Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott would have looked badass in the current 49ers uniform.

there is no point to go throwback for throwback sake

because they have absolutely no gold on the jerseys and nothing that identifies them as the 49ers. and the pants are flat tan, not gold.

case in point, when i was wearing my jerry rice jersey when i was in college in 1995, someone actually came up to me and asked me where I GOT MY NEBRASKA JERSEY.

and the current look has been embraced by the fans. there is no mindless, sheepish clamoring for full time returns to throwbacks in san francisco like there is in san diego and buffalo.

they were good for thier time, but the modern uniforms combine traditional elements and modern elements perfectly. I only wish they made the change sooner. Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott would have looked badass in the current 49ers uniform.

i'm actually in complete agreement with you. the niners have a great updated look.

i might lose the drop shadow, and just go with black outlines on block letters, but that's just my own personal preference.

the throwbacks are a definate downgrade in comparison to their current look. the niners are one of the best dressed teams in sports in my eyes. more teams need to update their classics the way they did.

I love the classic 'Niners uni's! To the naysayers all that would be done to go to full time is use the same gold shade they use today. Keep the style and template, spruce up the gold ;-)

packchampionslfroh.png

My problem with the old 49er uniforms is that the gold isn't gold, it's khaki.

The upgrade to true gold on the current uniforms is more than balanced out by the fact that the new ones are magenta, not red. The old ones are superior in every other way.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

i'm actually in complete agreement with you. the niners have a great updated look.

i might lose the drop shadow, and just go with black outlines on block letters, but that's just my own personal preference.

the throwbacks are a definate downgrade in comparison to their current look. the niners are one of the best dressed teams in sports in my eyes. more teams need to update their classics the way they did.

I agree on the drop shadow numbering, that's the one thing I really dislike about the current jerseys, but I do have to admit that the current jerseys are more distinctive than the old ones. Also I prefer the classic red/white helmet and leg stripes over the black/red stripes they use now. Overall I like the current unis though. I think we got off really easy when you look around the league at some of the other teams' updates in recent years.

I agree on the drop shadow numbering, that's the one thing I really dislike about the current jerseys, but I do have to admit that the current jerseys are more distinctive than the old ones. Also I prefer the classic red/white helmet and leg stripes over the black/red stripes they use now. Overall I like the current unis though. I think we got off really easy when you look around the league at some of the other teams' updates in recent years.

There's something about the black and red helmet/leg stripes that bothers me. If they were tweaked, the look would be perfect.

I personally think the current uni is the example of how to upgrade your uni while remaining classic and true to roots. They got rid of the gray mask, used a better looking gold, and added some trim to the names/numbers.

KISSwall09.jpg

pl_734620.jpg

Did they bring in T.O. for a one-game appearance? :P

As for the uniforms, I like the throwbacks, especially the socks, but the current ones are a great upgrade. They're still very simple. The tan-gold in the throwbacks doesn't look nearly as good as the actual gold they use now. I also think the current stripes, with the bit of black, looks much better than just solid white stripes.

Archived