D-Backs Unis revealed weds.

D123

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone here have pics for what ALL of the old uniforms look like?

Why did you resurrect this? You've been here since 2004 and yet you still insist on pulling this kind of crap. Wow.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I assume you mean these:

4087.gif

4088.gif

4090.gif

there was a purple one, the OLDER pinstriped jersey and there was another one but do NOT remember what it was...

AND koizim, I am trying to find all of them from the past BECAUSE i need them as a research project for an art class in school.

I assume you mean these:

4090.gif

there was a purple one, the OLDER pinstriped jersey and there was another one but do NOT remember what it was...

AND koizim, I am trying to find all of them from the past BECAUSE i need them as a research project for an art class in school.

If I'm not mistaken, you take this one, replace the black jersey with purple. Take the numbers and make them copper.

Their original set was from 1998-2000, which had a few differences:

Home white (cream) - Diamondbacks written across the chest, plus a sleeveless vest with the A logo on the chest

Road gray - full sleeves, Arizona written in purple

Alternate black - A logo on chest in teal

Alternate purple - same as above

Hats:

Purple - same as above, worn at home

Black w/ teal bill, A logo in teal - worn on road

White w/ purple bill, A logo in teal - worn very rarely at home with vests

Helmets:

Purple with D snake logo - worn at home

Black w/ purple bill, A logo in teal - worn on road

In 1999, the changed slightly, making the purple helmet have the A logo, and the road hat and helmet became all black with the D snake, as above.

There are some debates as to whether the white hat was ever worn (it was), and a somewhat heated debate sparked by an Omar Daal 2000 Topps baseball card. It shows a purple hat with a teal bill on the road. This card is incorrect, as it has been artificially touched up. This hat never existed on the field!

I have been meaning to compile photo evidence of all these variations, and this thread might inspire me to finally get around to it.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Their original set was from 1998-1999, which had a few differences:

Home white (cream) - Diamondbacks written across the chest, plus a sleeveless vest with the A logo on the chest

Hats:

Helmets:

In 1999, the changed slightly, making the purple helmet have the A logo, and the road hat and helmet became all black with the D snake, as above.

There are some debates as to whether the white hat was ever worn (it was), and a somewhat heated debate sparked by an Omar Daal 2000 Topps baseball card. It shows a purple hat with a teal bill on the road. This card is incorrect, as it has been artificially touched up. This hat never existed on the field!

I have been meaning to compile photo evidence of all these variations, and this thread might inspire me to finally get around to it.

I do have this whole set in vector...I'll try to get around to posting more rasters in the near future.

Their original set was from 1998-1999, which had a few differences:

Hats:

Helmets:

I do have this whole set in vector...I'll try to get around to posting more rasters in the near future.

Please do. I am not in a rush to have em.

Here are the 1998 on-field caps:

ArizonaDiamondbacks_CAPS_1998_SOL_S.gif

I'm just trying to figure out which of those four was the most fugly!

A: None of the above. While their current set fits them better, I love the old scheme.

P.S. I'm trying to find the white crown/purple bill hat, preferrably in a 7 3/4- 8. Any ideas? The biggest one I've seen on eBay was a 7 1/2.

The diamondbacks have updated their db logo. They added eyes and attatched the tounge.

Picture10.png

Downgrade definatly, The db logo was fine, I guess they needed to change it so the average joe gets what it is.

They changed it, most likely, because the "db" logo was too close to David Blaine's. I think they've improved it, personally.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The diamondbacks have updated their db logo. They added eyes and attatched the tounge.

Picture10.png

Downgrade definatly, The db logo was fine, I guess they needed to change it so the average joe gets what it is.

They changed it, most likely, because the "db" logo was too close to David Blaine's. I think they've improved it, personally.

"Look, it's a little stick figure trying to hold up the letters 'd' and 'b!'"

Then again, I'm not your average Joe. :lol:

Here are the 1998 on-field caps:

ArizonaDiamondbacks_CAPS_1998_SOL_S.gif

I'm just trying to figure out which of those four was the most fugly!

A: None of the above. While their current set fits them better, I love the old scheme.

P.S. I'm trying to find the white crown/purple bill hat, preferrably in a 7 3/4- 8. Any ideas? The biggest one I've seen on eBay was a 7 1/2.

Either at:

http://fuglyhats.com

http://stuckinthe90s.com

or a third-world country collection bin.

I apologize for the sarcasm, I have nothing to bring to the table, and I'm surprised there aren't more of them going on eBay, even though the white ones were short-lived...

The D-Backs hats from back then actually looked better in person than they did in the style guide. AND, may I add, much better when they beat the Yankees in the World Series!

Archived