D-Backs Unis revealed weds.

D123

Also, by your standard, the Dodgers should change their names, since there are few if any trolleys in Los Angeles.
Trolleys? Dodging trolleys is child's play. Try crossing the street at a major intersection in Los Angeles and you'll be dodging the finest steel that the world's leading automobile manufacturers have to offer.

...says the guy who throws poor little old ladies out of boxcars.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask them what color jersey is best to kill a Jew.

See if they get the joke.

That was a HORRIBLE joke to make.

You made me spit my grape soda all over my damn keyboard. You should be Execute fur daat.

Anyway, Amare, ask em (the palyers) if they had any say in choosing the new color scheme.

If you could, could you ask them if they plan on keeping the "A" logo, since it really doesn't fit in with any of the new stuff?

And Eric, additional questions to ask:

"Boy, that Steve Nash is some kind of something, isn't he?"

"Would you eat the moon if it were made out of spare ribs?"

"Trickle down economics, your thoughts?"

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That said, you're wrong about the Lakers. Wrong, I say! For the simple reason that I've been to Los Angeles, and there are no lakes there ...

They're not named after lakes. They're named the Lakers cos they're denizens of the City of Los Angeles, otherwise known as L.A. For convience, they've dropped the punctuation. But the origin of their moniker would be more readily apparent if written: L.A.-KERS. :D^_^

(Also, by your standard, the Dodgers should change their names, since there are few if any trolleys in Los Angeles.)

Actually they are named the Lakers from their Minneapolis days as Minnesota is the "Land of 1000 lakes"

(1) Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 Lakes, not 1,000. With all its nearly 15,000 lakes, Minnesota has more shoreline than Florida.

(2) But the Lakers were not so named on account of Minnesota being the Land of 10,000 Lakes. They were named because Minneapolis's civic motto is "City of Lakes," on account of the many fine lakes within city limits. Said lakes are so numerous, and so fine that when it was choosing a slogan Minneapolis didn't even mention the fact that it sits astride the navigable headwaters of the Father of Waters.

(3) Darn right about the Dodgers. There is a simple and obvious solution, but of course it's now 50 years too late: Put the Giants in LA and the Dodgers in San Francisco. Perfect names for each city, problem solved. Alas!

Can't wait to see pics of today's unveiling. I tend to have conservative aesthetic taste in baseball uniforms, so I'm going to try to reserve judgment until after I've had time to "get used to" the new uniforms next season and their novelty no longer bugs me so much.

20082614447.png

HAY GUYZ I HAVE A GRATE IDEA SWITCH THE JAZZ AND HORNETS NAMES BECUZ UTAH IS THE BEEHIVE STATE AND HORNETS ARE KINDA BEES AND NEW ORLEANS HAS JAZZ IN IT SO IT WOULD BE PERFECT

I and many others on this board have mentioned this numerous times. Trade the names and the owners and maybe even the players... ^_^

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

HAY GUYZ I HAVE A GRATE IDEA SWITCH THE JAZZ AND HORNETS NAMES BECUZ UTAH IS THE BEEHIVE STATE AND HORNETS ARE KINDA BEES AND NEW ORLEANS HAS JAZZ IN IT SO IT WOULD BE PERFECT

I any many others have called for this many times. Trade the names and the owners and maybe even the players... ^_^

DOUBLE POST! :blink: DELETE IT!!! :P

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

That said, you're wrong about the Lakers. Wrong, I say! For the simple reason that I've been to Los Angeles, and there are no lakes there ...

They're not named after lakes. They're named the Lakers cos they're denizens of the City of Los Angeles, otherwise known as L.A. For convience, they've dropped the punctuation. But the origin of their moniker would be more readily apparent if written: L.A.-KERS. :D^_^

(Also, by your standard, the Dodgers should change their names, since there are few if any trolleys in Los Angeles.)

Actually they are named the Lakers from their Minneapolis days as Minnesota is the "Land of 1000 lakes"

(1) Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 Lakes, not 1,000. With all its nearly 15,000 lakes, Minnesota has more shoreline than Florida.

(2) But the Lakers were not so named on account of Minnesota being the Land of 10,000 Lakes. They were named because Minneapolis's civic motto is "City of Lakes," on account of the many fine lakes within city limits. Said lakes are so numerous, and so fine that when it was choosing a slogan Minneapolis didn't even mention the fact that it sits astride the navigable headwaters of the Father of Waters.

(3) Darn right about the Dodgers. There is a simple and obvious solution, but of course it's now 50 years too late: Put the Giants in LA and the Dodgers in San Francisco. Perfect names for each city, problem solved. Alas!

Can't wait to see pics of today's unveiling. I tend to have conservative aesthetic taste in baseball uniforms, so I'm going to try to reserve judgment until after I've had time to "get used to" the new uniforms next season and their novelty no longer bugs me so much.

And thereby making Chavez Ravine the West Coast's Giants Stadium?

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I've been a nearly lone voice here defending the Astros use of brick red, sand, and black. Because, as opposed to blue and orange, those colors actually appear in space.

But now that Arizona has adopted essentially the exact same colors, I'm officially joining the bandwagon and calling on Houston to change. Not to any shade of blue, of course, since the absence of blue is what tells you you're an astronaut and not just a pilot. But the brick and sand have got to go. Says me. ^_^

20082614447.png

I've been a nearly lone voice here defending the Astros use of brick red, sand, and black. Because, as opposed to blue and orange, those colors actually appear in space.

But now that Arizona has adopted essentially the exact same colors, I'm officially joining the bandwagon and calling on Houston to change. Not to any shade of blue, of course, since the absence of blue is what tells you you're an astronaut and not just a pilot. But the brick and sand have got to go. Says me. ^_^

What about something like this, substituting the navy for black?

nl_1995_houston.gif

First off I just think its funny that you said that you are the "lone voice" and your pic has a voice bubble in it. That is pretty funny...atleast I found it funny and unintentionally clever.

Second, I'm not sure why people are all up in a tizzy because of the similarity in colors between Arizona and Houston. How many other teams share similar color schemes? (many teams do) So I don't think it'll be THAT big of a deal.

Archived