F.A. Premier League 2006/2007

Gazzzaf

Done so far:

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Blackburn Rovers

Hey Everyone,

My NBL set was at best, controversial. The NBL being a lesser known league on the boards probably didn't help attract comment/critiques, which I appreciate as it helps my development in concepts. This time around I've tried for something better known amongst the members here. This being the F.A. Premier League.

Also, a slight change of layout without compromising the identity I've been working on over the past two months or so.

First up is Arsenal - I know that some Premier League teams like to keep a trend in their kit colours. Arsenal, for example, likes to use a yellow away kit. I decided against this because I wanted to keep red in all three kits and that it would look strange against yellow. I'm not sure about the gold kit, it might be a little bit too much for a kit.

Arsenal

C&C always welcome.

Please notify me of any inaccuracies, I don't have the extensive knowledge that some do on this board when it comes to football.

As concepts, I really like them.

The Away strip looks great, but Arsenal would never adopt it.

As you mention in the explanation, Arsenal wear Yellow away.

And not even the American style Old Gold that seems to have crept in, and you've used in the alt, I mean Yellow.

But I do that like that Away shirt, even if it was more likely to be the Alt, and the Yellow/Gold be the Away.

I like what you've done with the Away strip.

But I still don't think it would pass muster at the Highbury Shop.

Over there, the Away strip is supposed to not look like the Home strip.

And that's because they all basically wear something similar.

White shirts, Blue Shirts, Red shirts, and a few teams with stripes.

And even then it's either Black and White or Red and White.

I don't think I'm over simplifying it.

So I would make Red very much the tertiary colour, and Blue the secondary.

They all look great. But it's not just 'a' concept, it's one that is designated to Arsenal FC.

And they come with baggage in terms of designs.

I've redone Arsenal's away. Although the gold colour remains, I've redone it in a PSG style as well as switching the blue to tertiary and red to...um...quarternary (not sure if that is the right term).

Villa:

I think these are quite alright, the colours aren't the best combo imo, but the design, i quite like, the third sky and white deisgn is really nice.

Rovers:

Reminds me a bit of the Nike Barcelona kits, but that is their traditional look. Nice to see the Socceroos captain on the back too!

Overall:

A- (better than a B+ but not that far off an A) b

:(

i'm a little disappointed in the rovers one, to be honest... i'll make a list.

1) red numbers are a MUST... rovers ALWAYS have red numbers on the halved kits.

2) a blue change kit is a little bit useless... they currently have blue shorts that they wear with the home kits, when the white ones don't provide enough change. red and black also seem to be the most common colors for our change kit.... i was hoping for a return of the ac milan style change kit... and rovers fans have for years begged for a half black, half red change kit.

3) third kits are okay... they generally seem to have horrible luck in yellow, but i think they look cool, regardless.

4) goalie kits are fantastic. i'd buy one.

Fair enough, I'm only getting into the football so its good to hear feedback from fans and the like. I'll definately take your comments into consideration. I think that I'll redo the away kit with the red and black in the style of the other two kits.

Expect to see that up pretty soon.

EDIT: Done

:(

i'm a little disappointed in the rovers one, to be honest... i'll make a list.

1) red numbers are a MUST... rovers ALWAYS have red numbers on the halved kits.

2) a blue change kit is a little bit useless... they currently have blue shorts that they wear with the home kits, when the white ones don't provide enough change. red and black also seem to be the most common colors for our change kit.... i was hoping for a return of the ac milan style change kit... and rovers fans have for years begged for a half black, half red change kit.

3) third kits are okay... they generally seem to have horrible luck in yellow, but i think they look cool, regardless.

4) goalie kits are fantastic. i'd buy one.

Gee, that's amazing.

I saw these on Gazza's site earlier today, and thought about what I would change.

I swear, those are the exact 4 points I came up with.

I went for postive first, the goalies look great.

Though I'd suggest maroon socks with the maroon uniform.

The Home looks like Blackburn Rovers should look. I went out with a girl from Blackburn UK once and this reminds me of her, and she reminded me of their team. Nothing all that special. They're OK. And by that I mean the uniforms suit them, because they're not outlandish, not garish, just Blackburn Rovers.

The Away, I too thought of the Black and Red striped shirt that they used to have, that my son had one of when he was very little. (That was weird, because my in-laws got it because it was Black and Red (our AFL team) and all it did was remind of an ex-girlfriend)

Alt. Why yellow? Was it all that was left in the palette? But kudos for doing someting interesting with it.

Extra kudos for Australia's own Lucas Neill.

I have to say I'm impressed, you have some amazing skills and both the Villa and Blackburn are fantastic. Looking forward to seeing your take on Newcastle if you get that far.

Not quite so keen on the Arsenal one. The gold looks a little too pewter (or maybe it's my monitor), and I've always hated the gold trim on their red and white kit. I think red and white alone are fine. My favourite of the lot is the red/black Blackburn away. They would sell thousands of those. Love the Villa alt too. Please keep them coming.

And not even the American style Old Gold that seems to have crept in, and you've used in the alt, I mean Yellow.

But I do that like that Away shirt, even if it was more likely to be the Alt, and the Yellow/Gold be the Away.

Have to take issue with this a little bit. Yellow is the more traditional away colour, but in the past few years Arsenal have had away kits in both gold and navy. Since the mid 90s they've tended to alternate blue and yellow, with the previous year's away becoming the next season's third kit. See here for more details http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/kits/arsenal.gif

I have to say I'm impressed, you have some amazing skills and both the Villa and Blackburn are fantastic. Looking forward to seeing your take on Newcastle if you get that far.

Not quite so keen on the Arsenal one. The gold looks a little too pewter (or maybe it's my monitor), and I've always hated the gold trim on their red and white kit. I think red and white alone are fine. My favourite of the lot is the red/black Blackburn away. They would sell thousands of those. Love the Villa alt too. Please keep them coming.

Have to take issue with this a little bit. Yellow is the more traditional away colour, but in the past few years Arsenal have had away kits in both gold and navy. Since the mid 90s they've tended to alternate blue and yellow, with the previous year's away becoming the next season's third kit. See here for more details http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/kits/arsenal.gif

And every time they release a blue one it sells less than the yellow ones, while the fans all complain about it.

In the link you posted, I would direct your attention to the season 1994-95.

Apart from a once off in 67, this was the first time the club regularly used Blue for Away strips.

I agree that it happens now, but 1. that doesn't make it right and 2. 12 years is hardly enough time to call something a tradition.

I stand by my comments, yellow is the traditional Arsenal Away strip. And has been since the early 1970's, when I started following them.

And every time they release a blue one it sells less than the yellow ones, while the fans all complain about it.

In the link you posted, I would direct your attention to the season 1994-95.

Apart from a once off in 67, this was the first time the club regularly used Blue for Away strips.

I agree that it happens now, but 1. that doesn't make it right and 2. 12 years is hardly enough time to call something a tradition.

I stand by my comments, yellow is the traditional Arsenal Away strip. And has been since the early 1970's, when I started following them.

I don't want to argue semantics here. What you said was "Arsenal would never adopt it... Arsenal wear Yellow away", and I just pointed out that Arsenal have worn a variety of colours as their away kit recently They're by no means the only team to look away from traditional away colours in the last decade or so.

I know yellow is the traditional Arsenal colour (if you reread my post, I actually said yellow was traditional, not blue), and I know it's more popular with the fans, but that doesn't change the fact that they have often worn blue and gold in the last decade. Example, season 2002-03 they wore red at home, and had two away kits - one navy and one gold. No yellow in sight.

Hope this clarifies things. And more importantly Gazzzaf, keep the designs coming!

Archived