Sports Ads Backdrops

DEAD!

I've been wondering how often we talk about backdrops that are used in advertisements that uses sports themes. Sometimes we can recognise the stadiums used as backdrops in movies, TV shows and advertisements. Sometimes the stadium used in the ad does not reflect on sport being portrayed. I brought this up because I was looking at a GMC football ad on the USA Today website and I noticed that the backdrop for the referee one is the Melbourne Cricket Ground. (See screenshot here. I have also seen a commercial (don't remember the comapny) that features a pole vaulter, but the stadium in the backdrop was Dodger Stadium.

So, does anyone recognise a stadium where a commerical, movie scene or TV show scene was shot?

I am acctually just watching a movie in my Hollywood in History class called Easy Living. Its from 1949.

- It stars the LA Rams

- Its Based in NY

- The Football team in the movie is called the Chiefs.

- They didn't replace the Rams helmets.. so its the Chiefs with the Rams helmets.

I know this isnt for an "ad" but i seemed to fit here.

I saw a truck commercial last night (i think) that used Rogers Centre but the problem here was that the layout was the Football one. :blink:

No, that's DLP (an HD technology from Texas Instruments)...

it's the mirrors

Some more oddities:

- the California Angels play their home games at Dodger Stadium in "The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!"

- the California Angels play their home games at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in "Angels in the Outfield"

- the Chicago Cubs play every road game at New Comiskey Park in "Rookie of the Year"

- the Cleveland Indians play their home games at Milwaukee County Stadium in "Major League"

- the Cleveland Indians play their home games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in "Major League II"

- a scene from "Head of State," with Chris Rock throwing out the first pitch, was filmed at Oriole Park at Camden Yards*

*I was 10 flippin' feet away from being in the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Rogers Centre hosts the CFL's Toronto Argos so Football there is not strange

61* was done at Tiger Stadium

Major League was done at Milwaukee County Stadium

Bang the Drum Slowly was done at Shea Stadium

Archived