Old Time Hockey concepts

IceCap

Quebec Nordiques

QN.png

Seattle Metropolitans

SM.png

Winnipeg Jets

WJ.png

Whalers- I started out recolouring the current Hurricanes template. One thing led to an other, and I came up with this.

Maroons- The idea here was to give the Maroons what the Toronto Maple Leafs currently have-a uniform that mixes modern elements with a traditional design. In fact I used the current Leafs number font. Rather then the block "M" I used more of a Gothic-looking M, thinking the block "M" would become to dated over time. The uniforms are inspired by the Minnesota All-Star Game uniforms.

Americans- The white set is inspired by the white uniforms worn by the club from 1935-1941. I was going to base the dark uniforms off of the "Star-Spangled Banner" uniforms that they were famous for. In the end though, I decided to simply go with a red reverse of the white uniforms. My reasoning is that the "Star-Spangled Banner" uniforms were predominantly blue, which would mean that both NYC teams would have blue home sweaters. I decided to go red with the Americans to create a cool "red vs blue" feel between the Rangers and Americans. The stars are blue, rather then red on the white version to avoid association with Communism. Had the Americans survived, in the world this uniform project is based in, the Americans would have made the switch from red stars to blue stars around the same time the Cincinnati Reds became the Red Stockings, for the same reason.

Seals- The template is the result of me playing around with some ideas until I got one that I thought worked well with both the Seals' name and logo. The striping is meant to reflect the ocean. I used the Sharks' font here, because there's a strong case to be made that the current San Jose Sharks franchise is simply a continuation of the Oakland/California Seals/Cleveland Barons franchise.

Nordiques- Had the Nords stayed in QC, they would have worn those teal/purple/black/wolf uniforms. IMO after the teal/purple fad of the 90's faded, they would have gone back to a more traditional look. Rather then simply recreating the uniforms they wore for most of their existence, I put the traditional Nords colour scheme/logos onto the wolf uniform's template.

Metropolitans- The only team of the bunch to never play in the NHL. Still, I included the Metros because their place in history is very important, being the first American team to win the Stanley Cup. Seeing as they folded before current uniform trends got underway, I completely redesigned them. I used the Seahawks' colours of pacific blue, navy, and lime green. I took a page from the Cleveland Cavilers and incorporated the Metros' old barber pole design into the striping. I took the idea of the team's old logo and gave it a fresh take.

Jets- I stayed true to their last uniform set. I did move the numbers into the arm striping though, as I've always thought that was a neat idea worth trying.

C&C welcome as always

the Metropolitans set shouldn't even exist, I'm sorry. the striping was well thought out, but you shoulda used red, white and green, cus how it is now smacks of Seahawks instead of screaming out Metropolitans. Addin to that, the SM could have been better executed...good idea, but rethink it some more.

the Americans...so many possibilities, man...and you went with that? eh well, I'm planning on redoing my old Amerks set soon, may as well show em how it's done. heh, even with that logo there's so much you coulda done with the jersey that you didn't.

the only one I really love out of that is the Whale...the striping's sort of weird, but it looks good anyway. the greens, they be the life of that party.

the rest, I'm somewhat ambivalent on, they're pretty average IMO.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the Metropolitans set shouldn't even exist, I'm sorry.

Any reason why?

the striping was well thought out, but you shoulda used red, white and green, cus how it is now smacks of Seahawks instead of screaming out Metropolitans. Addin to that, the SM could have been better executed...good idea, but rethink it some more.

the Americans...so many possibilities, man...and you went with that? eh well, I'm planning on redoing my old Amerks set soon, may as well show em how it's done. heh, even with that logo there's so much you coulda done with the jersey that you didn't.

Alright, here are the second drafts for both the Americans and the Metros.

NYA3.png

SM2.png

Americans-I kept the home and road set relatively the same (I switched to the Islanders number font, and replaced Turco with DiPietro). I did add an alt based off of the first sweater they used from 1925-1930. The alt should jazz the set up.

Metros-I switched to red and green, and ditched the "SM" logo for a simple "S". I also added a green stripe that goes through the "S" to give it more of a "barber poll" feel.

Who's "Holmes" on the Seattle Metropolitans jerseys?

Harry "Hap" Holmes, the goaltender for the Seattle Metropolitans when they became the first American team to win the Stanley Cup in 1917. He was also the first goalie to win the Stanley Cup with four teams, the Seattle Metros, the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Toronto Blue Shirts, and the Victoria Cougars (Detroit Red Wings).

Anyway, here's my latest Metros draft.

SM3.png

I realized just after posting the last draft that the chest stripe on the Metros jersey didn't rap around. At first I thought I would just rap it around when I got home, but after doing so I realized that it looked really bad, being such a thin stripe. After toying around with the logo, I decided to just stick with the classic Metros' "S" logo.

Amerks: good job on the alt. I still think you could have done something more with the home and away, but they'd do for New York.

Metros: these two sets you've done just now, on the other hand, do deserve to exist. mainly, I said what I said the first time cus you may as well have slapped a Seahawk on it. I wouldn't have minded adding blue to the red and green, but using the Seahawks colors made no sense IMO.

Anyways, I can't decide whether the classic S or your new take on it is better, I like em both.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Hartford Whalers: Perfect!

Montreal Maroons: Perfect!

New York Americans: Perfect!

California/Oakland Seals: Perfect!

Quebec Nordiques: Perfect!

Winnipeg Jets: Perfect!

Seattle Metropolitans #1: Looks pretty good!

Seattle Metropolitans #2: Awesome!

Seattle Metropolitans #3: Perfect!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Who's "Holmes" on the Seattle Metropolitans jerseys?

Harry "Hap" Holmes, the goaltender for the Seattle Metropolitans when they became the first American team to win the Stanley Cup in 1917. He was also the first goalie to win the Stanley Cup with four teams, the Seattle Metros, the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Toronto Blue Shirts, and the Victoria Cougars (Detroit Red Wings).

Anyway, here's my latest Metros draft.

SM3.png

I realized just after posting the last draft that the chest stripe on the Metros jersey didn't rap around. At first I thought I would just rap it around when I got home, but after doing so I realized that it looked really bad, being such a thin stripe. After toying around with the logo, I decided to just stick with the classic Metros' "S" logo.

BRILLIANT!!! :hockeysmiley:

2000Patch.jpg

Archived