Lakeland Tiger's New Name & Logo

wingedwheel

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hokey Smokes! Absolutely awesome...

... Except for those blasted "Scrambled Palm" leaves on the cap. The US Army/Army Air Force only had "scrambled eggs" on peaked caps for their "dress mess" uniforms. </grognard>

Still won't stop me from getting one though. :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Excellent package. At first, I wasn't sure about the detail of the wings, but now I think it works together very well.

I don't like the jersey wordmark. I think it it looks fine on its own, but feels cramped on the jersey. I think it would look better on one line rather than one word above the other.

Aside from that, eight thumbs up.

:D

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

My least favorite part of the jersey is the main cap logo...I don't know, it just seems a little odd to me. I still kinda like it, but not a lot. The side-view Tiger is much better, though I'd love to see it with a flying cap like this guy! I wanna be a kid again, so I can want this...

However, I love a lot of the little things...the stenciled numbers (nice touch), wordmark, khaki roads (if they aren't dazzle, that would be fantastic), the Scrambled Palms, and the plane Alt Logo.

If I had to pick the 3 best things about this rebrand, I'd probably go Scrambled Palms, then the Plane, then the Stencils, but it's close on all 3.

The way they blended local history with the parent club's well-known signature branding to make something that's Lakeland unique, but not too unique. I was lukewarm about this at first, but it's growing on me--more every second. Even the winged head logo is a little cooler when you consider the roaring head is I believe a throwback to WW Era plane graphics also (correct me if I'm wrong).

All in all...A- (feeling generous, so I'll ignore the little things)...make the "Dress-Uniform" Palms hat the primary, and give me a hat with the plane logo and maybe a Navy alt, and this is a high A.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I can't say one bad thing about this set...the tiger logos kick ass, I want that alt cap (shoot, I want that regular hat...and the jerseys...hell, I want it all), and the plane logo aint too bad itself. I could do with Lakeland on the roadies, but f'in A, as my old roommate liked to say :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I can't say one bad thing about this set...the tiger logos kick ass, I want that alt cap (shoot, I want that regular hat...and the jerseys...hell, I want it all), and the plane logo aint too bad itself. I could do with Lakeland on the roadies, but f'in A, as my old roommate liked to say :D

Speaking as a witness, not all Florida State League teams have the city on their road jerseys. It's pretty much split down the line 50/50.

Teams with city script:

- Brevard County Manatees (Brewers)

- Daytona Cubs

- Palm Beach Cardinals

- Dunedin Blue Jays

- Ft. Myers Miracle (Twins)

- Sarasota Reds

Teams without city script

- Jupiter Hammerheads (Marlins)

- St. Lucie Mets

- Vero Beach Dodgers (as of last year, now will be a D-Rays affiliate)

- Clearwater Threshers (Phillies)

- Lakeland Flying Tigers

- Tampa Yankees

These are fantastic!!!

I saw the announcement on Pantone's site - but to see them here, I am estatic.

I love WW2 stuff, I loved reading about the 'flying tigers' who fought in China. The movie "God is my Co-Pilot" is about the flying tigers squardon.

I also found this logo on the Lakeland site, but nowhere and I ever run across this logo.

Does anyone have access to it???? It's only a partial view from the top of the page.

LakelandTigersfaded.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Ya know, part of me didnt like the "palms" detailing on the alt cap....but then i realized that its MiLB, and now im in love with it. I mean c'mon, at least they didnt decide to make thier mascot a biscuit.

Kudos to the plane logo as well, hopefully thats prevelant in alot of ways for them.

Archived