2006-07 MLB Off-Season Transaction thread

randyc

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um Id take Wagner, Sanchez, Heilman, and Mota over those guys any day

As for Gonzalez no pressure in Pittsburgh reminds me of Danny Kolb, remember how that worked out?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Now, the Braves have their 7th, 8th, and 9th inning guys in place. Dare I say it, the best 7th-9th inning bullpen in the National League.

Gonzalez only went 24-for-24 in save opportunities with an ERA under 2.50.

Still not as impressive as B.J. Ryan's stats though. God is that guy ever a beast though!

Now, the Braves have their 7th, 8th, and 9th inning guys in place. Dare I say it, the best 7th-9th inning bullpen in the National League.

Gonzalez only went 24-for-24 in save opportunities with an ERA under 2.50.

Still not as impressive as B.J. Ryan's stats though. God is that guy ever a beast though!

True, but how many save situations are you going to get in Pittsburgh?

The Braves just shortened their games to 6 innings, and they have a rotation that pitched pretty damn good last year.

As for Gonzalez no pressure in Pittsburgh reminds me of Danny Kolb, remember how that worked out?

Gonzalez is a strikeout pitcher. 64 in 54 innings to be exact. Kolb had 21 in 57 innings pitched in Milwaukee the year before he was traded. Totally different pitchers.

The Mets better find a rotation quick because I have them finishing third behind Atlanta and Philadelphia as of right now.

1997 | 2003

SP Tomo Okha has signed a one year deal with the Blue Jays

Story

It should be interesting to see how the Jays rotation pans out in Spring Training. If Okha can get the same kinda production than Gil Meche or Ted Lilly, then this is a major steal.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• 2 months later...

So how's that Mutts bullpen looking, Tnak?

Unfortunately I got a close up look of that one today. Its only April, Mota's suspension will be over soon, and Pedro will be back in August, if the Braves dont lead in August forget it they will have to get the Wild Card, and considering the Phillies will stink this year its likely both will make the playoffs.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Unfortunately I got a close up look of that one today. Its only April, Mota's suspension will be over soon, and Pedro will be back in August, if the Braves dont lead in August forget it they will have to get the Wild Card, and considering the Phillies will stink this year its likely both will make the playoffs.

I hope you remember that when you feel the need to claim "Mets Armageddon" when they have a 15 game lead again

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Hey....I saw that Bravos bullpen walk in an insurance run in 8th inning on Monday.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hope you remember that when you feel the need to claim "Mets Armageddon" when they have a 15 game lead again

I dont know what it is Im even more confident this year, just a feeling I have Pedro in August, Pedro dominate October wins World Series. BTW today was Calendar Day at Shea and who is on October?

Pedro

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Hey....I saw that Bravos bullpen walk in an insurance run in 8th inning on Monday.

Chalk that up to lack of motivation, playing the Nationals and all...

Chalk that up to lack of motivation, playing the Nationals and all...

Playing a minor league team does that. (Yes, having watched them first-hand now, I can say that they are that bad). Course both teams did things I'd expect to see in Peoria. (Nats starter being unable to throw a strike if his life depended on it, the aforementioned walk by the Bravos, followed by failing to turn a double play by just missing the bag on 2nd).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Does anyone know how the Rockies acquired Jason Hirsch from the Astros? I just picked him up in my fantasy league and has done really well so far this season. I remember he was a to prospect for the Astros, yet I can't find any info on if he was traded or not. Either way great pick up for the Rockies.

Does anyone know how the Rockies acquired Jason Hirsch from the Astros? I just picked him up in my fantasy league and has done really well so far this season. I remember he was a to prospect for the Astros, yet I can't find any info on if he was traded or not. Either way great pick up for the Rockies.

he was part of the deal sending Jason Jennings to HOU for Buchholz, Tavares and himself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Utley and Howard are starting to get on track, Hamels pitched an ace-caliber game on Saturday, sandwiched between good starts by Lieber and Garcia. I have no idea WTF Elmer BeFuddled is doing with Myers as the set-up guy, but if he becomes the closer (and if they ax Good-Time Charlie), I'd say the Phillies still have a shot (though they're clearly have long ways to go.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived