Sign in to follow this  
randyc

2006-07 MLB Off-Season Transaction thread

Jimmy Edmonds resigned with the Cards for 2 years...I was curious to see where he'd end up, since obviously, I'd be getting a jersey.

Sheffield has said he is going to make life miserable for whoever he plays for next year because he is not happy with his $13 MILLION contract.

Sheffield said that because the Yankees exercised his 2007 option against his wishes (because he wanted to hit free agency and secure a three-year deal) he would make life miserable for the Yankees or whichever team aquired him if he was not extended. However, Detroit satisfied Sheff's request with a two-year extension, in effect giving him a three-year contract.

I would not have given him a 3-year extension

Planning the 2008 century of losing celebration.

LINK

Nats will hire Mets 3rd Base Coach Manny Acta as Manager to take over for Frank Robinson

Hmm. Okay. Well at least it's some new blood, and not a retread. Best of luck with the Nats, a team that doesn't have a great deal going for them.

Planning the 2008 century of losing celebration.

I think it's kind of interesting what's led up to 2008. Let's take a look:

2003 - Steve Bartman.

2004 - The Red Sox end their curse.

2005 - The other Chicago team, the White Sox, end their curse.

2006 - The Cardinals.

2007 - ???

I don't know. I'd say it cannot get worse for us. This is rock bottom.

Well, at least your not owned by the Yorks.........

hey, do we have to use the term CANCER, damn, i mean cancer is a serious issue, and I'd prefer if people didn't use that term. please use something else.

Well, at least your not owned by the Yorks.........

At least you don't have Jim Mora Jr. as a coach...

Good deal for the O's I guess. Britton dosen't look too good, but Wright dosen't look good either, but is better that Britton. I would much rather have Mussina back rather than Wright.

hey, do we have to use the term CANCER, damn, i mean cancer is a serious issue, and I'd prefer if people didn't use that term. please use something else.

One time somebody called Claude Lemieux a cancer, and he said he certainly was because he was born on June 8th or something. I don't know Claude Lemieux's birthday. You get the picture, though.

One time somebody called Claude Lemieux a cancer, and he said he certainly was because he was born on June 8th or something. I don't know Claude Lemieux's birthday. You get the picture, though.

Being born on June 8th would make him a Gemini

Well, as TCR said, he didn't know his birthdate. His actual birthdate is the 16th of July, which would make him a cancer.

Hey Cubs, whatcha doin

Re-signed Aramis Ramirez and Kerry Wood.

Hey Cubs, whatcha doin

Re-signed Aramis Ramirez and Kerry Wood.

Kerry Wood? Do they just not want to buy a new uniform for an actual player or something?

Well, as TCR said, he didn't know his birthdate. His actual birthdate is the 16th of July, which would make him a cancer.

Grizzly Adams did have a beard.