• Created
  • Last Reply

Cards sign Carpenter to a 5 year, $65 million dollar extension

Tanyon Sturtze to ATL, 1 year deal

Jose Guillen to SEA, 1 year deal

Rich Aurilia back to SF, 2 year deal

Pedro Feliz back to SF, 1 year deal

Bengie Molina to SF, 3 year deal

Dewon Brazelton to KC, Minor-league deal.

8prlQWA.png

J.D. Drew to the Red Sox

That sucks for the Sox. Enjoy your 3 months on the DL, 14 home runs, and always questioning if he actually wants to play or not. Sould be a nice complement to Manny if he stays.

I swear that guy has made more money on unproven potential than anyone else in the history of sports. People just keep handing him rediculous sums of money mediocre season after mediocre season.

Signed,

Bitter Cardinals fan who once believed the Drew Hype Machine

When I heard that the BoSox signed Drew I thought that the Sox and Dodgers were close on a Manny deal. Apparently it hit a snag. That said, the Drew signing is a bum deal for Boston. Is another 3rd place finish in store for 2007?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

When I heard that the BoSox signed Drew I thought that the Sox and Dodgers were close on a Manny deal. Apparently it hit a snag. That said, the Drew signing is a bum deal for Boston. Is another 3rd place finish in store for 2007?

Assuming the Sox keep Manny, do you want to retract that "third place" statement?

Their starting rotation would consist of Schilling, Beckett, Papelbon, Matsuzaka and Wakefield.

Their starting lineup would consist of Lugo, Youkilis, Ortiz, Ramirez, Drew, Lowell, Varitek, Crisp, Pedroia.

That's not a third place team.

With a Ramirez deal all but impossible, the Angels are looking into Adam LaRoche. Figgins and Casey Kotchman are the ones apparently attracting interes from the Braves.

I'd love to have that .285 avg, 32 HRs in the lineup.

Apparently Chad Tracy is also an option at this point, not to my delight. Adrian Beltre is an interest, although it's unlikely Seatlle will move him, especially to the Halos.

Even if the BoSox keep Manny, a third place finish is very possible. Toronto is on its way up and signing J.D. Drew is not a move that really improves a team. No doubt the BoSox will have a potent lineup, and an impressive rotation, they're paying for it. But that's on paper. We'll see where this shakes out.

I tweet & tumble.

It seems to me like if the Jays, Yanks and Boston fill out their pitching staff with Lilly & Meche, Pettite & maybe Clemens, and Matuzaka, it very well could be that the 3 of the best teams in the league are all in ONE division.

I don't know about you, but this 2007 season could get very interesting.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Did anyone else hear that the Red Sox were looking at Chad Cordero? From what I've read on some of the Nats blogs Cordero would go to Boston as part of a three-way trade involving Manny. While the Nats obviously wouldn't add Manny, the Nats would get more young players to their ever growing empire of "prospects". The rumors have died down though, and it doesn't appear like the deal will happen, but the door is still open.

Personally, I hate the idea but I wanted to see what you all, especially those who root for AL East teams, think of this.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Any idea of who the third team was? The Manny rumors I've heard was with the Dodgers (which died). The presence of this rumor tells me that the BoSox are actively trying to find a new home for Ramirez. Obviously, Epstein isn't going to give him away but is certainly hitting the pavement to move him.

Personally, I think Epstein is doing the right thing with trying to move Manny. His value is certainly high and he should be able to command a price for the BoSox to not experience a severe drop in production. Furthermore, I've heard that Manny is planning to retire when his contract is up. I don't know if it is true (it is Manny :P), but I think that provides an added bonus for a trade because then Boston will get something for him.

I tweet & tumble.

ESPN reports that Jason Schmidt is going to the Dodgers for $47M over 3 years.

Schmidt's a good signing at that price. He's healthier than Mulder and better than Zito. He's also been outstanding against the Diamondbacks. Here's hoping that age and Juan Pierre in CF catch up w/ him.

Any idea of who the third team was? The Manny rumors I've heard was with the Dodgers (which died). The presence of this rumor tells me that the BoSox are actively trying to find a new home for Ramirez. Obviously, Epstein isn't going to give him away but is certainly hitting the pavement to move him.

Personally, I think Epstein is doing the right thing with trying to move Manny. His value is certainly high and he should be able to command a price for the BoSox to not experience a severe drop in production. Furthermore, I've heard that Manny is planning to retire when his contract is up. I don't know if it is true (it is Manny :P), but I think that provides an added bonus for a trade because then Boston will get something for him.

The third team was the Giants. When I first heard about this I thought it was the Dodgers but when you asked I checked and it is indeed San Francisco.

Here's the link

So I guess all of this leads to another good question, could Barry Bonds be headed to Beantown?

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

The third team was the Giants. When I first heard about this I thought it was the Dodgers but when you asked I checked and it is indeed San Francisco.

Here's the link

So I guess all of this leads to another good question, could Barry Bonds be headed to Beantown?

Bonds to Boston? Not so, says the Raja of 'Roids.

"Boston is too racist for me," he said. "I couldn't play there."

Archived