do you like louisville's current logo?

statebully

i grew up loving just this simple louisville logo, and then they changed to the one with a horrendous font and odd shaped bird. i just really prefer the old classic logo, and i feel they could've made it work much better than what they wear now. i also don't like the yellow added into their uniforms. the yellow is fine as a supplement to the logo, but not as a secondary color in the uniform. just wanted your opinions!!

Old Louisville:

LouisvilleCardinals3.gif

Current Louisville:

LouisvilleCardinals7.gif

SignatureCCSL.png

welcome to a couple months ago, they took the yellow out of the uniforms.

as far as logos, I prefer the newer cardinal, it was a nice update. The old bird's eye looks funny IMO.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I hate the Louisville logo, old or new. Birds don't have teeth. I do like the use of the olde English L though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I hate the Louisville logo, old or new. Birds don't have teeth. I do like the use of the olde English L though.

Louisville's Cardinal Bird has always had teeth.

I like the new bird - but just the head and not the whole wing.

923%5C362689.jpg

I prefer neither. I think they could have done a better job updating. I think it would look best if it was more of a combo of the new and the old. And the Old English L really doesn't fit IMO.

I prefer neither. I think they could have done a better job updating. I think it would look best if it was more of a combo of the new and the old. And the Old English L really doesn't fit IMO.

you mean something like this?

Image1-1.jpg

Jackpot.

I miss the yellow on the football uniforms. Granted, it didn't make much sense, but I always thought it looked nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Louisville's Cardinal Bird has always had teeth.

I like the new bird - but just the head and not the whole wing.

Yeah, I know. I don't know why it bothers me so much, considering how many animal logos are humanized in sports, but for some reason it does.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

One thing that always bugged me about Louisville's logo and the St. Louis Cardinals' logo is that cardinals don't have yellow beaks. They have black beaks. I don't know why Louisville's logo has a yellow beak when a black beak would fit their color scheme much better.

DAMN! you beat me to it!!!!

When was the last time you saw a bird with a cavity?

I hate when designers take liberties with logos especially animal logos. I'm struggling to remember a specific example at the moment, but I do recall countless times when I've noticed some pretty horrible animal logos with human characteristics. I think I've seen a few with opposable thumbs that shouldn't have thumbs and some others with teeth when they shouldn't either.

I think the biggest travesty now that I think of it, is a damn tornado or hurricane with a face, arms, and opposable thumbs. That has to take the cake right there!

DAMN! you beat me to it!!!!

When was the last time you saw a bird with a cavity?

I hate when designers take liberties with logos especially animal logos. I'm struggling to remember a specific example at the moment, but I do recall countless times when I've noticed some pretty horrible animal logos with human characteristics. I think I've seen a few with opposable thumbs that shouldn't have thumbs and some others with teeth when they shouldn't either.

I think the biggest travesty now that I think of it, is a damn tornado or hurricane with a face, arms, and opposable thumbs. That has to take the cake right there!

So how about Iowa State's logo? Not only is it an anthropomorphic tornado, but it also features a cardinal with teeth? :D

Cardinals definitely have yellow beaks. There may be some that sport a black beak, but the Cardinal as we know it has a yellow beak.

I just googled cardinals and they do have yellow beaks. I don't know why I thought they had black beaks. I guess I should have checked it out before I posted.

One thing that always bugged me about Louisville's logo and the St. Louis Cardinals' logo is that cardinals don't have yellow beaks. They have black beaks. I don't know why Louisville's logo has a yellow beak when a black beak would fit their color scheme much better.

heh, I've seen a handful of redbirds, and their beaks were either yellow or red. never black.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived