do you like louisville's current logo?

statebully

As I stated in another post, I've always prefered the "full body" Cardinal (wearing the "L" sweater) to this current logo. Unfortunatly, after working on campus for 3 1/2 years, everything I accumulated (shirts, pens, pencils, mugs, banners, etc.) has the new logo. Can't find the old logo too much anymore. As someone already stated, the wing is what really bothers me the most. Although I like the old english "L", but not the font used for the rest of "Louisville".

I do think the old logo needed "cleaning up" as it was sloppy in the details. There are things I like about the new logo, like the wordmark, but I'm surprised they didn't change things more. The afore mentioned beak with teeth is what they must really have wanted to keep most. Odd. There is nothing too terribly wrong with the new logo, just thought they could have done things to make it reminiscent, but also original.

I hate the Louisville logo, old or new. Birds don't have teeth. I do like the use of the olde English L though.

DAMN! you beat me to it!!!!

When was the last time you saw a bird with a cavity?

I hate when designers take liberties with logos especially animal logos. I'm struggling to remember a specific example at the moment, but I do recall countless times when I've noticed some pretty horrible animal logos with human characteristics. I think I've seen a few with opposable thumbs that shouldn't have thumbs and some others with teeth when they shouldn't either.

I think the biggest travesty now that I think of it, is a damn tornado or hurricane with a face, arms, and opposable thumbs. That has to take the cake right there!

So how about Iowa State's logo? Not only is it an anthropomorphic tornado, but it also features a cardinal with teeth? :D

:wacko:

ugh! don't even get me started on THAT damn logo!!!!

One thing about the new Louisville logo with the wing -- it also creates an L.

I like the birdhead logo on the helmets and the new logo in other things.

And didn't Louisville used to have a logo with a bird wearing a white sweater with a block L on it?

Archived