Winnipeg Blue Bombers Concept Logo

Phil

I'm just wondering if it would look good on a helmet. Most football logos are profile logos so they will work well in both directions on a helmet. Personally I prefer what the Blue Bombers currently use. Obviously it doesn't reflect their nickname to the extent that this logo does, but I'm okay with the more classic W look. The Bombers have always used the letter W as their signiture logo and this downgrades the W a little too much for me. Other than that it is a very good concept but maybe not for the Blue Bombers.

I'm just wondering if it would look good on a helmet. Most football logos are profile logos so they will work well in both directions on a helmet. Personally I prefer what the Blue Bombers currently use. Obviously it doesn't reflect their nickname to the extent that this logo does, but I'm okay with the more classic W look. The Bombers have always used the letter W as their signiture logo and this downgrades the W a little too much for me. Other than that it is a very good concept but maybe not for the Blue Bombers.

picking up on appleclock and others posts: Maybe make the W a little bigger and a little fuller on bottom which would make the bomber a little smaller in scale to showcase the *W better. However, just as it is is a winner and I would take it over what they use now and any changes may not look as good as the current concept. All in all. Thumbs up. This could be a winner. If I had to choose this as is, or use the bombers current logo, or be locked into a possible update of the concept, I would choose what you made now. Good work.

*maybe a secondary logo could be somewhat reversed with a bigger bomber and smaller W?

Thanks guys, the affirmation is really nice.

Regarding the fact that it's not a profile logo, I was actually talking about this with some of the guys here.

Now, the Montreal Alouettes have a similar situation - their primary logo (or what used to be their primary logo) is more of the balanced, hockey-jersey-appropriate style. Their helmet logo (and what may now be their primary logo) is the more of the football-helmet-ready, left-to-right directed style.

I'm really struggling with how I'd make that work for this Bombers' logo. The football-as-a-fuselage works well from the front, but from the side, the ball would probably appear to be too fat (and not long enough) to continue to serve in that role.

---

Also, application on a white background is something that bothered me. I put together a couple of alternatives (here and here), but the very talented Roxstarmedia had the thought of combining the best of both worlds.

Winnipeg%20Blue%20Bombers%20Logo%20WhiteBG.gif

It doesn't preserve the integrity of the logo perfectly, but it keeps things simple and clean, and I like it a lot more than the alternatives.

---

So basically, one issue is resolved. As for the other issue, in the absence of other options, I think I'd go with a version of the original block W on the helmet, which the Blue for most (if not all) of their 10 Grey Cup victories. I might update it to reflect this logo design a bit (with the highlighting of the edges), but for the most part it would be the tried-and-true block W.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

So basically, one issue is resolved. As for the other issue, in the absence of other options, I think I'd go with a version of the original block W on the helmet, which the Blue for most (if not all) of their 10 Grey Cup victories. I might update it to reflect this logo design a bit (with the highlighting of the edges), but for the most part it would be the tried-and-true block W.

sy - this is a fantastic logo

i think you've hit on a perfect solution for the helmet - the block w is an integral implied portion of the primary logo you've designed...having that as a helmet logo seems very natural to me

great work!

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived