Anyone have that image of the Panthers black pants

Blue Falcon

I've seen a photo before of the Panthers first unis in '95 that had a blue jersey and black pants. They obviously changed it because it seemed too radical at the time, but that uni would fit right in with all the Monochrome Madness seen in the NFL today.

Anyone have an image? I also thought I saw an ESPN special about the unis back in '94 or so that showed the Panthers with the white jersey and black pants...that would be an awesome look for them today.

there's a 1994 Charlotte Observer - Living Section front page that shows what was going to be the "official unis". they were tweaked from that 1st picture to the style they are still using today (sans alt blue jerseys). the blues are different as well as the contrasting number/outline scheme.

i think Pantone or someone over at SSUR.org has had that image before.

you know what was strange about the 1st Panther Unis was that I don't remember the black pants. However I do remember being at JCPenny and seeing a shirt with the Panther's blue unis on it and thinking to myself 'why arn't they wearing black since a panther is a black'? And it didn't occur to me to GET THAT REAR SHIRT because a month later they announce they were going black. The thing I do recall was that it was exactly like the blue alt now cept it had black numbers. COOOL.

I found an article but I could not see any pics of the Proposed jerseys for the Panthers but it talks about them here.............. and I'm still looking for pics................................

Charlotte Observer - October 30, 1993 - 5B SPORTS

PANTHERS' UNIFORMS LOOK GRRRRRRRREAT

Flanked on both sides by men modeling the snazzy new Carolina Panthers uniforms - white jersey and black pants to his right, blue jersey and black pants to his left - Jerry Richardson was asked if he'd considered hiring Alexander Julian to design them, like the Charlotte Hornets did six years ago. ``To be honest,'' Richardson said, ``I fail to see a connection between Alexander Julian and GRRRRRRR!'' Bruce Burke of NFL Properties...

ShaftDu, Look something like this?

tmpphp7m7hfljr5.jpg

look close and youll see the copyright 1994 down in the bottom right corner.....

untitledin8.jpg

It went with the colors of the state...Carolina Blue and white instead of more the mascot. I have old cup from 1995 that has a helmet with blue face mask on it. The blue had nothing to do with the Ericsson Cell Phone Company. We had our colors chosen long before they came as the Stadium sponser.

tmpphp7m7hfljr5.jpg

look close and youll see the copyright 1994 down in the bottom right corner.....

untitledin8.jpg

It went with the colors of the state...Carolina Blue and white instead of more the mascot. I have old cup from 1995 that has a helmet with blue face mask on it. The blue had nothing to do with the Ericsson Cell Phone Company. We had our colors chosen long before they came as the Stadium sponser.

d'oh it was silver numbers, well golly i was close :P, but yeah that was shirt.

I remember those starting lineup figurines (although they couldn't be realistic in their early days) sold panthers in black pants.

Courtesy of Ebay

c8_1.JPG

and

73_1_b.JPG

yep, its not that realistic

tmpphp7m7hfljr5.jpg

untitledin8.jpg

Damn you...you discredited my reference!!! :cursing: (jus playin)

It still look like cell-phone blue to me, and since I coined "Ericcson cellphone blue", Imma continue to use it as such. :D But nice historical lesson nonetheless.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers in some black pants myself...but the silver numbers on the blue jerseys? Whoo...don't know about that one.

Archived