A little colour help

GMac

Maybe this should be in the request board and if it is I'm sorry... but I need help finding the CMYK or RGB values for the Montreal Alouette colour scheme... any suggestions on how I do this for the future... other than asking... as well when i print images the colour is much darker than on my screen any idea what settings i should have to alleviate this...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Hmmm...SyPhi must have taken those from my Team Colors page...nice work...

Interesting you should mention that. :;):

It's a great resource Pantone, I don't know how many times I've said that, but it's true.

And sorry GMac, if you woulda said the colours are darker on the screen than on the printout, I'd say improve the print quality, but the only thing I can think of is maybe your screen is too light?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

What I'll say about those colors on my team colors reports (PDFs), is that they (the RGB values) correspond with actual Pantone colors, but they're the "optimized" Pantones that the company (Pantone, Inc.) has supplied for displaying these colors on computer monitors.  These are newer values; I guess Pantone modifies these things now and then.

Oh, and these RGB values are NOT going to match up with the RGB values that Illustrator, Photoshop, Freehand, or any of the other graphic programs that use Pantones.  These programs use an internal algorithm to calculate the RGBs, and they're not what Pantone says is "correct".

Purples REALLY look different (and more accurate) when you use the "real" values...

(Oh - and the Montreal Alouettes' colors are legit - they're one of the few CFL teams I actually have the Pantones for)

Archived