Oakland A's

cyandlux

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auburn Hills is a nice suburb. Detroit is a crappy city. If you think about who can afford NBA games and who can't, and where they'd like to attend said games, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to just stay in the suburbs than to venture into that warzone. I'm sorry that "most real Detroiters" can't afford to go to a Pistons game, but don't you think this is a problem for "most real Los Angelenos," "most real Charlotteans," or "most real Atlantans"? Paying out the ass for sports tickets is nothing new.

This is the most ignorant comment I have ever seen on this board. When is the last time you went to Detroit? The Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions play in beautiful new stadiums across the street from each other. The area is not a war zone, but a beautiful downtown area that includes many theatres, restaurants and parks. When you talk about real Detroiters not being able to buy tickets, it is a thinly veiled racist comment. For the last time, if you're from the suburbs and denigrate the City of Detroit, you are only hurting yourself. People from the rest of the U.S. won't make the distinction between the suburbs and the city. The reputation of the entire region is harmed by ignorant jackasses like you.

:cursing:

Oh, Jesus Christ. The "real Detroiters" comment was his, not mine, and I replied that if he's implying "poor black people," which he evidently was, then that's certainly a problem everywhere, not just Detroit. However, the Detroit area is specifically known for some of the worst white flight in the country, which just beat the hell out of the city. Everybody knows that. If, in fact, Detroit is on the upswing, maybe the Pistons will move to the city in the coming years, but the Pistons have been in Auburn Hills, and Pontiac prior to that, along with the Lions, because Detroit was just a rotten, scary, awful place, and nobody wanted to be there. People from the rest of the U.S. do make a distinction betweeen city and suburbs, because most people are aware of Detroit's depression juxtaposed with the Grosse Pointes and other suburbs. Now knock off your Chamber Of Commerce sanctimony.

Oh, and thanks for the "cursing" smiley to really bring the point home! Dope.

Auburn Hills is a nice suburb. Detroit is a crappy city. If you think about who can afford NBA games and who can't, and where they'd like to attend said games, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to just stay in the suburbs than to venture into that warzone. I'm sorry that "most real Detroiters" can't afford to go to a Pistons game, but don't you think this is a problem for "most real Los Angelenos," "most real Charlotteans," or "most real Atlantans"? Paying out the ass for sports tickets is nothing new.

This is the most ignorant comment I have ever seen on this board. When is the last time you went to Detroit? The Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions play in beautiful new stadiums across the street from each other. The area is not a war zone, but a beautiful downtown area that includes many theatres, restaurants and parks. When you talk about real Detroiters not being able to buy tickets, it is a thinly veiled racist comment. For the last time, if you're from the suburbs and denigrate the City of Detroit, you are only hurting yourself. People from the rest of the U.S. won't make the distinction between the suburbs and the city. The reputation of the entire region is harmed by ignorant jackasses like you.

:cursing:

Oh, Jesus Christ. The "real Detroiters" comment was his, not mine, and I replied that if he's implying "poor black people," which he evidently was, then that's certainly a problem everywhere, not just Detroit. However, the Detroit area is specifically known for some of the worst white flight in the country, which just beat the hell out of the city. Everybody knows that. If, in fact, Detroit is on the upswing, maybe the Pistons will move to the city in the coming years, but the Pistons have been in Auburn Hills, and Pontiac prior to that, along with the Lions, because Detroit was just a rotten, scary, awful place, and nobody wanted to be there. People from the rest of the U.S. do make a distinction betweeen city and suburbs, because most people are aware of Detroit's depression juxtaposed with the Grosse Pointes and other suburbs. Now knock off your Chamber Of Commerce sanctimony.

Oh, and thanks for the "cursing" smiley to really bring the point home! Dope.

You're right, white flight did beat the hell out of quite a few other cities (including my hometown of Milwaukee) But that didn't cause their teams to follow the scared-ass white people to the 'burbs. Sorry if I don't want to give the Pistons props for essentially giving into the same racism that caused those people to leave the city.

And "nobody" wanted to be in Detroit? Please get over yourself.

BTW, people don't distinguish between the city and 'burbs as much as you think. When the PGA came to some Detroit suburb a few years ago (I can't remeber where exactly, but I know it was AT LEAST 45 minutes from the actual city) they verbalized concerns based on the same narrow-minded, stereotypical view of Detroit that you're pushin' right here.

brew.png

Archived