NFL Network on thursday.

buildingmaint

Any one know how the NFL Network works? If your local team is playing can you still view it on your local station?Or do you have to purchase the NFL Network?

If your local team has an NFL network game it will be simulcast on one of your local stations.

You won't. But a lot of people get NFL Network. I do and I have a fairly basic package on Dish Network.

I'll certainly be watching Thursday Night games on NFL Network, especially on Thanksgiving with my team involved.

But like JKR said, they'll be broadcasted on a local station as well. I remember when the Broncos were on Sunday Night football in the past, they'd show the game on the local NBC affiliate for those that didn't have ESPN.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't think this will last. I don't watch a lot of sunday night or monday night games because I don't care about the teams , and they are free.Why would I pay to watch teams I don't care about?

Because, in theory, enough people do care, that they will complain to their cable companies, and the companies that don't currently offer NFL Network will be forced to add the channel to their basic package... Therefore, it will be "free," or at least as free as out of market MNF is now...

Moose

I was noticing that the NFL Network is going to be brocasting the Texas Bowl. Anyone else find this odd?

Maybe on the surface as NFL≠college ball, but you know for a fact that they serve the right demographic... it seems to make business sense. Same thing applies to the college football coverage on the NFLN news

programming. Football's football at the end of the day, and with the Network being new, I'm sure any chance to attract football fans to the station, they'll be thrilled to take.

Archived