New KFC Logo

KJTALBOT

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I lived in Louisville (KFC is owned by Yum! Brands, headquartered in Louisville), they did a major redesign of one local franchise. In fact, they tore down the existing building and built the new one from scratch.

Anyway, it had the original Kentucky Fried Chicken wordmark, and had more of a sheet metal motif (like Chiplote, kind of) with bold colors in random shapes along the walls. I wish I had a picture. It looked pretty cool though, more like a space-age fast food restaurant than the regular KFCs.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

061113_kfc_logo_vmed5p.widec.jpg

Reminds me of the Houston Astros.

Reminds me of a bucket of chicken, with the way that trapezoid behind the Colonel is positioned.

Both the Taco Bells in my area still use the old color scheme, which I like much better than the purple.

There's also an old-style KFC, that still has the full "Kentucky Fried Chicken" and the old colonel.

I miss the older Burger Kings and Pizza Huts. They just looked nicer than the more updated ones.

On the West side of Green Bay, WI, there's a McDonald's restaurant that still has the classic Golden Arch sign (with Speedy) from the 1950s. I think it may be one of the last McDonald's marquees from the 50s that are still in use. It's an interesting clash in eras in that the 50s sign is in front of a modern McDonald's building.

When I lived in Louisville (KFC is owned by Yum! Brands, headquartered in Louisville), they did a major redesign of one local franchise. In fact, they tore down the existing building and built the new one from scratch.

Anyway, it had the original Kentucky Fried Chicken wordmark, and had more of a sheet metal motif (like Chiplote, kind of) with bold colors in random shapes along the walls. I wish I had a picture. It looked pretty cool though, more like a space-age fast food restaurant than the regular KFCs.

images2005mtkfc.jpg

I concur.

That's the exact location I was speaking of. How'd you find it?

I'd actually seen a better version of the front where the "KFC" wordmark is, but I couldn't find it after finding it the first time. It took me a while to find it though. I was surprised to find out this has been up since April 2005, as well as the new logo.

inside2-kfc2.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/f...-kfc-usat_x.htm

Y'know I still remember years and years ago when my younger brother thought the old logo was Col. Sanders's head placed on a tiny stick figure body. He hadn't quite realized at that young age that it was a tie, and yet I wasn't able to look at that logo the same way again.

No real point to make just an old memory...

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Y'know I still remember years and years ago when my younger brother thought the old logo was Col. Sanders's head placed on a tiny stick figure body. He hadn't quite realized at that young age that it was a tie, and yet I wasn't able to look at that logo the same way again.

No real point to make just an old memory...

Neither will I now. Thats good stuff right there.

This will definitely come off as one of those "BS" stories to most, but believe it or not, my dad was actually really good friends with the Col. grandson in high school and meet him many times. From what my father says, he was a grumpy old man.

PopHeading-1.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

images2005mtkfc.jpg

I concur.

I like the look of it.

On the West side of Green Bay, WI, there's a McDonald's restaurant that still has the classic Golden Arch sign (with Speedy) from the 1950s. I think it may be one of the last McDonald's marquees from the 50s that are still in use. It's an interesting clash in eras in that the 50s sign is in front of a modern McDonald's building.

And here's a photo of that sign, which was re-wired and renovated about a year ago:

337856297_6d7677c2b9_o.jpg

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived