New KFC Logo

KJTALBOT

On the West side of Green Bay, WI, there's a McDonald's restaurant that still has the classic Golden Arch sign (with Speedy) from the 1950s. I think it may be one of the last McDonald's marquees from the 50s that are still in use. It's an interesting clash in eras in that the 50s sign is in front of a modern McDonald's building.

And here's a photo of that sign, which was re-wired and renovated about a year ago:

337856297_6d7677c2b9_o.jpg

Is that an extant old sign, or a new one in the old style?

There used to be an old-style McDonald's on the corner of Highland and Sunset in Hollywood (maybe there still is).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the West side of Green Bay, WI, there's a McDonald's restaurant that still has the classic Golden Arch sign (with Speedy) from the 1950s. I think it may be one of the last McDonald's marquees from the 50s that are still in use. It's an interesting clash in eras in that the 50s sign is in front of a modern McDonald's building.

And here's a photo of that sign, which was re-wired and renovated about a year ago:

337856297_6d7677c2b9_o.jpg

Is that an extant old sign, or a new one in the old style?

There used to be an old-style McDonald's on the corner of Highland and Sunset in Hollywood (maybe there still is).

Nope, it's an old sign - it's on the road that used to be the main highway into town from Wausau, so it was the first McD's in the area. The main difference is the "15c" part of the sign was covered over with "I'm Speedee." The restaurant is on a corner and has a current-style McD's sign on the other side of the corner.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived