Chicago Bears Concept

Yankee Legend

The Chicago Bears in this garbage?

Well I got two words for ya.......

HELL NO!!!!

Dude, you give the worst constructive criticism I have ever seen. Most of your supposed constructive criticism is not constructive. Exhibit A: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...=42551&st=0 Many of your posts here just say: "I like it" "Looks good" "A near perfect concept" "Perfect" Then of course your "constructive" criticism in this thread. At least say something that will help the designer. And Vanessa Anne Hudgens is not that hot. She's moderately cute and is an annoying, Disney channel, mass produced, children's actor who can't sing (I.E. Hilary Duff.)

Now to the concept at hand...

I'm not feeling this because there is way too much orange in it. If you do go with orange jerseys as the primary have blue helmets. Either that, or since you are trying to revamp the Bears so to speak make the jerseys blue and leave the helmets orange. There is too much orange here. I think that you can pull off a concept like this if you balance out the blue and orange. The sleeve, pants, and sock stripings seem fine, but I'm not sure about that helmet logo. I prefer the C because it is simplistic and has stood the test of time, but perhaps with another try you could make your current helmet logo work. Give it another try Yankee Legend, you have some good ideas and these jerseys are not bad. They just don't say Chicago Bears, but maybe they can with another try.

-E.A.R.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this concept should be given a forgiveness pass, but ultimately the design must be taken out to the woods, shot, and buried quietly, never to be spoken of again.

Forgive him, George. He knows not what he does.

Shoot'em twice to make sure...

Now to the concept at hand...

I'm not feeling this because there is way too much orange in it. If you do go with orange jerseys as the primary have blue helmets. Either that, or since you are trying to revamp the Bears so to speak make the jerseys blue and leave the helmets orange. There is too much orange here. I think that you can pull off a concept like this if you balance out the blue and orange. The sleeve, pants, and sock stripings seem fine, but I'm not sure about that helmet logo. I prefer the C because it is simplistic and has stood the test of time, but perhaps with another try you could make your current helmet logo work. Give it another try Yankee Legend, you have some good ideas and these jerseys are not bad. They just don't say Chicago Bears, but maybe they can with another try.

-E.A.R.

Thanks. I'm working on remaking it. Which reminds me...

ATTENTION all Bears fans and hardcore traditionalists!!! New and radical design comming soon!!!

As promised here is the new design. I am completely changing the Bears' look this time but it is for the better. The colors went from orange & navy to drak red & navy. Tell me what you think. Note: for the road uniform, the outlines on the pants are the same as the home one. The same thing with the home uni's jersey. (stupid paintbucket...)

bears_concept-2.jpg

The Chicago Bears in this garbage?

Well I got two words for ya.......

HELL NO!!!!

Dude, you give the worst constructive criticism I have ever seen. Most of your supposed constructive criticism is not constructive. Exhibit A: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...=42551&st=0 Many of your posts here just say: "I like it" "Looks good" "A near perfect concept" "Perfect" Then of course your "constructive" criticism in this thread. At least say something that will help the designer. And Vanessa Anne Hudgens is not that hot. She's moderately cute and is an annoying, Disney channel, mass produced, children's actor who can't sing (I.E. Hilary Duff.)

Hey man, don't bash on my "celebrity crush" like that; well, actually, I love her music!

Obviously, you haven't listened to her song, "Come Back To Me", on the radio or seen her music video to this song, have you?

And to be honest with you, she IS a good singer!

By the way, you hijacked the topic!

OK, so my constructive criticism is quite terrible but you know what I think about the Bears concept....

I will send this concept to where the sun don't shine!!!

Haha, Just kidding!!!

Anyway, I don't like it!

The reason: TOO MUCH ORANGE!!! It makes them look more like the Denver Broncos from 1965 or something!!!

YOZXkBG.png?1

OK, so my constructive criticism is quite terrible but you know what I think about the Bears concept....

I will send this concept to where the sun don't shine!!!

Haha, Just kidding!!!

Anyway, I don't like it!

The reason: TOO MUCH ORANGE!!! It makes them look more like the Denver Broncos from 1965 or something!!!

What do you think of the most recent one?

first of all, i fully endorse any concept that completely overhauls the chicago bears.

now for the concept(S) at hand.

for your first couple of concepts, i really not a fan of orange as a main color save for maybe Texas U. Aside from the logo changes, the concepts look like an inversion of what they wear. if you are going to do an orange primary, i suggest doing one as a third. but if you switched the colors back and created an orange alternate, you basically have what they wear now.

now for your third concept, try not to take this the hard way but there is very little that screams 'NFL Chicago Bears'. the logo looks like a high school logo and its quite hard to see with the maroon to back gradiant on the blue background. I also don't like the color scheme, when i first saw it it reminded me of a new england patriots concept. Red and blue isn't probably the best colors to use for the Bears.

I see where you are going but i really think the execution is falling short.

Oh BTW, JH42,

Vanessa is very nice, i'd hit that. I'm more of a Miley Cyrus fan but thats me.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Dude, that chick in your sig is pure goody-two-shoes/preppy/High School Musical/Disney Channel TRASH.

Sir, that's no way to treat a lady!

By the way, that's "off-the-topic!"

She's not a lady. Isn't she like 17 or something? And besides, cappital's right.

Now about the latest concept. With the exception of the gradient in the paw, I kind of like it. Not for the Bears, though. But if I pretend it's not for the Bears, it's not terrible. The red in the gradient and wordmark don't match the red on the uniforms. Darken up the red on the unis and it will be better.

first of all, i fully endorse any concept that completely overhauls the chicago bears.

What's your malfunction? Everything about the Chicago Bears uniform is perfect.

Yankee Legend, I don't get what you were going for here. It's Cardinals red and Seahawks blue. The contrast isn't as striking as navy and orange. There's no C for Chicago. You have 1985 in Roman numerals, but that's not the year the club was established, that's just one Super Bowl among many league championships, and hopefully many more in the future. Why did you use the teletype font or whatever that is for Chicago above Bears? I know Gregjigga tried to make some statement about how dumb he thinks "you can't change the Bears!" posts are, but, well...you can't. They're just a very well-outfitted team as it stands. You recognize this, since you just recolored the existing template, but changed the colors to those that have no connection to what George Halas chose for us as a tribute to the Fighting Illini. So yeah, I can't endorse this one.

not so much I want to see the bears do a complete overhaul because they need it or anything, but more to see the uniform/logo puritans go nuts. I love seeing the uniform/logo puritans go nuts when people attempt to get near and breath on sacred cows.

Dude, that chick in your sig is pure goody-two-shoes/preppy/High School Musical/Disney Channel TRASH.

you make that sound like thats such a bad thing. gotta get with the times, we love our trash on tv, magazines, newspapers et al. Sure she isn't high end grade A quality great american trash like Britney SPears but you got to give her time to develop and learn the ins and outs of trashdom. Shes only in the minor leagues right now. Give her a couple of years to develop in the minors and she'll be ready to play in the big leagues. YOu can't rush her no more than you can't rush a good ball player.

This is america the great landfill we feature trash, glorify trash, talk about trash, talk trash to each other, listen to trash, watch trash, and even elect trash to major political offices. We could take out the trash but that would be bad for business for Rupert Murdoch.

This is Benny the Garbage man and I want your trash. :grin:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

not so much I want to see the bears do a complete overhaul because they need it or anything, but more to see the uniform/logo puritans go nuts. I love seeing the uniform/logo puritans go nuts when people attempt to get near and breath on sacred cows.

you make that sound like thats such a bad thing. gotta get with the times, we love our trash on tv, magazines, newspapers et al. Sure she isn't high end grade A quality great american trash like Britney SPears but you got to give her time to develop and learn the ins and outs of trashdom. Shes only in the minor leagues right now. Give her a couple of years to develop in the minors and she'll be ready to play in the big leagues. YOu can't rush her no more than you can't rush a good ball player.

This is america the great landfill we feature trash, glorify trash, talk about trash, talk trash to each other, listen to trash, watch trash, and even elect trash to major political offices. We could take out the trash but that would be bad for business for Rupert Murdoch.

This is Benny the Garbage man and I want your trash. :grin:

You do have a point.Rihanna and JoJo(who's rather cute I must say :wub:) and The Pussycat Dolls can't sing a lick, yet check the Top 40 charts and they're there.Half the chicks in my school look like whores,with their sweatpants over their jeans,or pajama pants and Hollister and American Eagle shirts....

As for da Bears,keep it orange and blue.Change everything else you want, but keep the colors.

I updated my design...again. This time I took out the gradient in the logo. I also erased the 1985 in roman nummerals and added the horseshoe C in the new colors. I also made the helmet logo look more visible.

bears_concept-3.jpg

And also, I would really like it if you would not discuss other topics here. There are other sites for that.

She's not a lady. Isn't she like 17 or something? And besides, cappital's right.

Well, what I meant to say was "girl"!

Besides, I don't think it's necessary to talk about her in this thread!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Well, what I meant to say was "girl"!

Besides, I don't think it's necessary to talk about her in this thread!

Yeah, she probably belongs in the "You think she's hot!?" thread.

-E.A.R.

Archived