Goalie Jerseys A Different Material?

Neon_Matrix

I was looking at pictures from some of tonights NHL games (Nov. 14th) and I came accross this picture which shows the New York Rangers celebrating a win over the New Jersey Devils. Something stood out in this picture and I'm sure others will notice it too. Lundqvist's jersey (in the foreground) seems to be a shade of black compared to the jerseys worn by the rest of the team. I don't think this could be lighting due to everyone elses jersey appearing to be the same shade of blue. I know goalies wear a different cut of jersey but are they now wearing ones made of a different material? I know the new Swift jerseys use more mesh for the goalies (the back is all mesh compared to the players who have a more solid material). Can anyone confirm that goalies are in fact wearing a different material this season or if there is another explanation for the difference in colour?

NYMA110111422_1024x768.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

just a guess that it might be water? since it looks like some of the other players have darker jersey color where water would spill.. Maybe a sloppy goalie with a wet jersey? Maybe combined with the angle hes standing at.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

just a guess that it might be water? since it looks like some of the other players have darker jersey color where water would spill.. Maybe a sloppy goalie with a wet jersey? Maybe combined with the angle hes standing at.

It could be that he is drenched...but I dunno...no one else in that shot seems to have any spot on them that look THAT dark. It almost looks black. I could be the lighting but I dunno...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I was looking at pictures from some of tonights NHL games (Nov. 14th) and I came accross this picture which shows the New York Rangers celebrating a win over the New Jersey Devils. Something stood out in this picture and I'm sure others will notice it too. Lundqvist's jersey (in the foreground) seems to be a shade of black compared to the jerseys worn by the rest of the team. I don't think this could be lighting due to everyone elses jersey appearing to be the same shade of blue. I know goalies wear a different cut of jersey but are they now wearing ones made of a different material? I know the new Swift jerseys use more mesh for the goalies (the back is all mesh compared to the players who have a more solid material). Can anyone confirm that goalies are in fact wearing a different material this season or if there is another explanation for the difference in colour?

NYMA110111422_1024x768.jpg

It's because of the blue light above them. It make the other jersey's look brighter.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

exactly... if you look at where the skates are, the whole team is behind the goalie, under a blue light.

the only other player that's far away from the blue light is shanny, and shanny's jerseys looks exactly the same color.

I don't know why his jersey looks darker. I do know a great jersey when I see it, and that is a great jersey.

Could it be stated as the best 3rd jersey ever for the NHL? Yes!

Also it's the lighting. The goalie is in front of a blue light. Kind of looks photoshopped, but it isn't.

Really, I always had the Rangers alt as one of the worst in the league. It ruins a classic set like theirs.

Archived