What uni should every MLB team wear?

ZoDogg34

Here's what I think the best uniform in each team's history.

Braves - current look is classic:

Ajones.jpg

Marlins - Make the lettering teal again:

bobbybomarlin.jpg

Mets - NO BLACK!!!

brognanym.jpg

Phillies - Return to maroon (but use the grey road unis):

schmidt_184x250.jpg

Nationals - Change name to Senators and wear these:

HannanWas.jpg

NL WEST:

Diamondbacks - Their original ones were the best ones they had:

tleeaz.jpg

Rockies - stick to one look, their original unis. Sleeves & pinstripes at home, ditch pinstripes on the road:

JenningsCol2.jpg

Dodgers - don't change a thing (except put the names back on ):

PennyLA.jpg

Padres - Bring back brown & orange:

HawkinsSD.JPG

Giants - Keep the current ones:

jschmidtsf.jpg

NL Central:

Cardinals - Absolute perfection (but put St. Louis on road greys):

CarpenterStl05.jpg

Pirates - No more sleeveless:

DrabekPit.jpg

Brewers - Sunday alts all the time!

NqC6Sf6e.jpg

Astros - Orange & Navy classics with a little flair from the past:

MorganHou.jpg

Reds - Bring back sleeves, keep pinstripes (but no collared undershirts):

jmaloney.jpg

Cubs - Keep these but put the names back on the jerseys:

Also, keep the blue ones for Spring training, but not reg. season game use.

DempsterChC.jpg

I thought you said NL EAST :P

Its a matter of opinion I guess. I agree with some of your points, but not all of them.

My biggest problem is the damn Mets' black in uniform set. HORRIBLE!!!!!

I decided to do every team. I changed my mind after I posted.

East

Braves - ditch the red alts

Marlins - Return to the teal lettering and stripes. Use sleeveless alt over black alt.

Mets - www.ditchtheblack.com

Phillies - Lookin good

Nats - Not much to fall back on at this point

Central

Cardinals - Perfect as is

Astros - Better than anything else they've had

Brewers - Return to the unis with "Brewers" in script with tail

Cubs - Leave as is, add names at home. Though I love the 80's road unis as well.

Pirates - We are Family...

Reds - As the original poster suggested

West

Dodgers - As is, bring back names

Giants - Mid-80s unis with rounded Giants at home, SF on chest on the road

Padres -

D'backs - Original unis. The past few years have been dull. And the new "D'bags" unis are lame-o.

Padres - Their original unis were pretty nice. Add number to the front.

Calling for Washington to revert to the Senators name is just wrong on so many levels. It's even more wrong when paired with a call to bring back Washington's least traditional uniforms of all time, the 1968-1971 red caps. I mean, really. If you're going to make the mistake of resurrecting the Senators name, and if you're going to further compound the error by paying homage to the lousy, city-betraying expansion Senators, then you've gotta at least go with this uniform:

Klinewas.jpg

If there's one team that should have stripes on its cap, it's Washington.

20082614447.png

They kinda-sorta changed the Braves by dumping arched lettering. They finished in third place with radial lettering. I'm just saying.

I thought I could put this here rather than concepts, since it's just a tweak I envisioned: Since this Chicago script that I like is rounded, the monogram C is rounded, and the numbers are rounded, why are the names still in block letters? I tried using a more rounded variation on block letters that the Montreal Canadiens use. I don't know what the font is called other than "NHL Montreal."

cubsgreynew.jpg

I could've chosen a better name to show off the letters that use more than straight lines, but I think that it matches the set better than hard-edged block letters.

the braves should never change well except the alt. its pretty ugly to me

i know im in the minority about this one but, i would love to see the redbirds add a red alternate to compliment their sunday alternate hats. Preferably the old batting practice jersey they used before thisperformance crap that MLB came out with. these jerseys had blue piping which made them look really good. This pic with McGwire has what im talking about. McGwire.jpg

the braves should never change well except the alt. its pretty ugly to me

i know im in the minority about this one but, i would love to see the redbirds add a red alternate to compliment their sunday alternate hats. Preferably the old batting practice jersey they used before thisperformance crap that MLB came out with. these jerseys had blue piping which made them look really good. This pic with McGwire has what im talking about. McGwire.jpg

Blasphemy!

A Cardinals fan wanting an alternate uni? That would be awful!

Very well done post. I cannot quibble with most of what you suggest. Two things, though:

1. I would, however, leave the Reds sleeveless at home; and

2. The Phillies current look is their best ever. Keep it. Love the numbers on the sleeves.

Very well done post. I cannot quibble with most of what you suggest. Two things, though:

1. I would, however, leave the Reds sleeveless at home; and

2. The Phillies current look is their best ever. Keep it. Love the numbers on the sleeves.

1. I just personally hate sleeveless baseball jerseys. If I were commissioner I'd ban them. Just my opinion.

2. I like the Phils current unis, but the red / blue look is too plain. I liked the maroon with the maroon shoes because it was different. Nobody used that color.

A ban would be a tad harsh. Why do you hate the vests?

Just personal opinion. I think they don't look professional. They look like an American Legion team or some independant minor league team...not a Major League baseball team.

I know that they have a long history with teams like the Pirates but I just can't stand them.

A ban would be a tad harsh. Why do you hate the vests?

Just personal opinion. I think they don't look professional. They look like an American Legion team or some independant minor league team...not a Major League baseball team.

I know that they have a long history with teams like the Pirates but I just can't stand them.

I agree. They look fine everywhere but the major leagues. They just don't look professional to me, either. I think I'd be in favor of requiring sleeves, as well, though I'd tack on that road jerseys must include the name of the location.

Archived