Who has the absolute, WORST NBA COURT

LEWJ

I guess there will be NO POLL.... IDK how to add one.......

So Who has THE WORST NBA court??

My vote went to the LA Lakers.... Why, you say??

Because, I think it looks terrible. I hate how the ends of the court look. All yellow with that little purple section that says "LAKERS." Looks terrible in my opinion.... You got all that room, why use such a little space?? It always bothered me.....

What do you think??

Among my favorites:

Wizards, lovin the gold

Cavaliers....SHUT UP!!!....there my fav team.... (I happen to like the 2 town courts....The suns one doesn't have enough color though...)

Chicago Bulls...Getting to be a classic

Link to courts:

http://www.basketballex.com/courts.html

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

So Who has THE WORST NBA court??

My vote went to the LA Lakers.... Why, you say??

Because, I think it looks terrible.

OH OKAY

Cavaliers have the worst court.

I nominate the 76ers. Somehow, the court has remained unchanged since season 2 in the new building, and it probably only changed because the uniforms changed that year. Their current home building has had 3 names since being built, and that's the only part of the court that has changed since season 2 - the arena name both above & to the left and below & to the right of center court. And the silly "basketballs shooting from the sidelines onto the court" design has forever been a bugaboo of mine. There's plenty to be said for not changing the court on a whim - but when there's no history, tradition, or timeless feel to the design - it just looks like a stale relic of the mid-90s. The Sixers haven't even given in to the "website along baseline" trend, let alone the "multiple wood stain" trend.

And for all of you complaining about the Cavaliers - this is their third court design in 3 seasons - it's not like they aren't afraid to change it.

Have we finally weathered the "leave the 3-second area unpainted, but paint the rest of the area inside the 3-point arc" phase of court design? Please say yes ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I HATE their mascot, dont care for their main star player, their unofrms suck with the wide tank arms (except for thir new alts coming later which looks good) yet I like their court, yes the 76ers, its good to see a court thats been unchanged since the late 90s, its just refreshing now to see a team still have the paint where it should be, and the balls coming out from the sideline, they arent that bad!

I think this falls under the category of so bad it's good:

sample.jpg

Although I remember the rocket/explosion being bigger. Might this be a toned down version?

EDIT: Ditto this:

vigcoliseum6.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

sample.jpg

Although I remember the rocket/explosion being bigger. Might this be a toned down version?

vigcoliseum6.jpg

Yeah, I think it's toned down because I recall the arcs being painted.

The Hornets one is toned down too, they used to have a hornets nest thing as I mentioned earlier.

EDIT - I wonder if seatdata is worth paying for, it's kind of annoying paying to look at pictures of seats.

The Suns court is actually good. It's just the Cavaliers did a "HORRIBLE :puke: " job at it that it makes Phoenix's court look bad. The Wizards and Raps court don't look bad. The Bucks?..well...not as bad as Cleveland's. Why does everything have to be a trend/fad.

Other than the Cavs, I vote Indiana.

Why go from this: half3.JPG

or

this: hanes_emmis_05.jpg

to the weird looking court they have know.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

sample.jpg

vigcoliseum6.jpg

IIRC, the explosion was a little bigger originally and inside the arc was blue with the lane being red. I also think there were some stars inside the arc for Houston to keep with the space theme. I think the Hornets ditched the gradient court when they went to New Orleans, if they did use it in New Orleans it only would've been for a year I think.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived