Patriots switching to Field Turf

duma

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=...490&pcid=41

the field was terrible last Sunday, probably the worst I've seen in the NFL in a long time. Because of this, the Pats are switching to Field Turf. Now they are in a rush to install it in less than 2 weeks time. This is the first mid-season conversion from grass to artificial turf in NFL history.

anyone know what design will be used? my guess is that its gonna be like Giants stadium with painted on logos. Just not enough time to do a properly designed field.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can anyone tell me what that thing is on their field found on like the 30ish yard line its a big gray thing ive never been able to tell what it is thanks!

Stadium logo. Graphic representation of the lighthouse & bridge that take up that little notch in the one end zone where the stadium doesn't completely enclose.

7060701-L.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

can anyone tell me what that thing is on their field found on like the 30ish yard line its a big gray thing ive never been able to tell what it is thanks!

This?

Yup, that - just without the corporate name below it. There must be a NFL rule against corporate names on the field itself.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

It's the Patriots the NFL gives them a free pass on tons of things.

(cough) Tuck rule (cough)

you should take something for that cough there :P

I honestly hate artificial anything, but in this case the turf at Foxboro was so bad that they either would have to go play in the parking lot or install the fake green.

Funny, they can put a man on the moon but not grow grass in New England during the fall? UGH!!!!

It's about time. Gillette Stadium has one of the worst grounds crews in the league. That field is always in horrible shape.

The reason why there weren't these problems at Foxboro Stadium: Jonathan Kraft recently was quoted as saying that the reason why the grass at Gillette has been so difficult to maintain in the fall was because Gillette was built so high, that not enough sunlight hits the field.

Genius. :upside:

Archived