Patriots switching to Field Turf

duma

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the Bowling Green/Miami (OH) game I can see why New England switched. But i really miss the days of NFL teams playing in a quagmire.

Normally the field at BGSU is very nice, but we have had a ton of rain this month. I'm in the BG band, and it was very difficult to even stay on our feet at halftime. Luckily, our practice fields have been mush for a month, so it wasn't anything new for us...

I bet the next stadium to get it will be Heinz Field. That field gets torn up quickly each year (a lot of games are played there). By this time of the year, it just mush between the hashes.

I don't think there are any other current NFL stadiums that need it. All the other stadiums that have grass fields are pretty good.

I can see why New England switched.

Belichick's just cranky 'cause he got out-prepared and out-coached by a former assistant. He's blaming the grass now. :P

And Bellichick is also about to show his 666 to the whole world.

Why is it that each time somebody is succesful (3 SuperBowl rings) people want to think of him as the next AntiChrist?

Belichick's just cranky 'cause he got out-prepared and out-coached by a former assistant. He's blaming the grass now. :P

Why is it that each time somebody is succesful (3 SuperBowl rings) people want to think of him as the next AntiChrist?

Because he's overrated? Because he got one of those rings through flippin' luck and a blind ref? Because a lot of his early success came from his D-Backs being allowed to do everything short of decking opposing recievers? Because ESPN's constant pimpination of him led to many people disliking him?

EDIT-Anyway, you're wrong. Tom Brady's the Antichrist.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why is he a jerk? For winning? Damn him. I don't personally know him, and I'm sure you do not either, so I wont attack his personality based on his on-field accomplishments. I think its rediculous the amount of dislike someone garnishes because of their success in life, you don't like the tuck rule? Too :censored:ing bad, it's not Belichick's doing, you want to hate someone 5 years after the fact, then you sir should seek therapy. Oh and if you're going to blame anyone, blame Walt Coleman... you know... the guy who actually made the call? I'm almost positive if you were from New England you'd think Belichick was a fantastic man, but you're not. So because of your geographical location and distaste for a successful team you deem him a "jerk". Doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me but it's your opinion, so who am I to question it.

Because he got one of those rings through flippin' luck and a blind ref?

He got that ring by outcoaching an overmatched Mike Martz who couldn't even spell defense if you gave him the first 6 letters. Just throwing that out there. The 2001 Patriots sucked, flat out, there's no way around that they just were not a complete team. But who took them to the next level? Belichick, he outcoached every opponent during that season, so please do not credit the only reason he has that Superbowl ring is because Walt made a bad call. I'm pretty sure Oakland had a chance in overtime it's not Belichicks fault Gruden couldnt stop that offense in the 5th stanza, oh wait.. it is, BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD COACH.

/rant

Because he's overrated? Because he got one of those rings through flippin' luck and a blind ref? Because a lot of his early success came from his D-Backs being allowed to do everything short of decking opposing recievers? Because ESPN's constant pimpination of him led to many people disliking him?

EDIT-Anyway, you're wrong. Tom Brady's the Antichrist.

Its so refreshing to get an unbiased opinion about the Pats from a Rams fan.

:rolleyes:

I actually miss the greatest show on turf

Why is he a jerk? For winning? Damn him. I don't personally know him, and I'm sure you do not either, so I wont attack his personality based on his on-field accomplishments.

Please. Homerism is a virtue, but willful blindness is not.

It has nothing to do with his on-field accomplishments. Zero. It has everything to with his behavior.

I think I and most other Rams fans are entitled to a little bitter hate when it comes to the Patriots, especially when you could make the argument that the Rams franchise has never recovered from that game.

(Granted stupid front office moves and misplaced personnel priorities haven't helped either since that game.)

Adam Viniateri is our Scott Norwood.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think I and most other Rams fans are entitled to a little bitter hate when it comes to the Patriots, especially when you could make the argument that the Rams franchise has never recovered from that game.

(Granted stupid front office moves and misplaced personnel priorities haven't helped either since that game.)

Adam Viniateri is our Scott Norwood.

LOL!!!!!

I've never heard him (Adam) refered to that way. My god thats too funny. I agree though, the Rams have not recovered from that game. I still think the saddest thing is watching Kurt Warner go from Quarterback god to woefull traveling temporary/back up QB. He never quite recovered from his thumb injury. He could have been legendary but unfortunately when history looks back on him he'll be simply a guy who was good for a short time and thats it.

Why is he a jerk? For winning? Damn him. I don't personally know him, and I'm sure you do not either, so I wont attack his personality based on his on-field accomplishments.

Please. Homerism is a virtue, but willful blindness is not.

It has nothing to do with his on-field accomplishments. Zero. It has everything to with his behavior.

What behaviour? Using a hoodie on the sideline of a frigging football game?

Hey guys, if you wear hoodies you automatically become jerks. Brilliant judgment!

What a dope. He said because of how he ACTS, not how he dresses. You don't have a lot going on upstairs. Where's your reading comprehension?

Oh yeah, and he gave us a thorough explanation with details of how he ACTS.

You not only have nothing upstairs but even dare to say that others don't have a clue. What a jerk! Hey, you should use a hoodie.

What a dope. He said because of how he ACTS, not how he dresses. You don't have a lot going on upstairs. Where's your reading comprehension?

Oh yeah, and he gave us a thorough explanation with details of how he ACTS.

You not only have nothing upstairs but even dare to say that others don't have a clue. What a jerk! Hey, you should use a hoodie.

Yes! Yes! (Puts on Che Guevara sweatshirt) We must all wear the hooded sweatshirts to demonstrate our nonconformance with societal decency, do massive amounts of drugs, and work to establish a hippie communist collectivist Republic. Viva la Revolucion Comrade!

-Ignored.

Today, we are all otaku.

I bet the next stadium to get it will be Heinz Field. That field gets torn up quickly each year (a lot of games are played there). By this time of the year, it just mush between the hashes.

With that said,i'm willing to bet that LP Field will switch within the next 5 years,simply because of the amount of games played there.

Archived