Real Salt Lake gets shirt sponsor

dfwabel

If a soccer league exists in the forest and nobody sees it, does it still exist?

Yeah, soccer...who cares?

Obviously the people who are posting in this and other soccer threads care, aside from you.

If you don't care, don't post.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a soccer league exists in the forest and nobody sees it, does it still exist?

Obviously the people who are posting in this and other soccer threads care, aside from you.

If you don't care, don't post.

MLS is growning tremendously, so ZoDogg u may not watch it but is it popular, but i agree with glenn, your not required to post on everythread if u dont care, dont post

I hate that the soccer teams in North America insist on using European-inspired names. It's idiotic.

Yeah, but then you have to use American type names like, The Burn, The Wiz, The Crew, ect...

Not only that but all the good names are taken by the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA. What's left? Does MLS want to go the ways of Arena Football, Lacross, and god forbid WNBA :D

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

If a small-minded person existed on a message board and nobody cared, does he still exist?

Go sniff out a Kobe Bryant thread and leave the World's Game to those of us who understand it.

Are you guys f***ing serious EVERY SINGLE time we try to talk MLS, someone comes in here and ruins the thread, just resist, I know its hard. But if you don't like American soccer good for you, we won't hold it against you.

On topic, I think this is great for the MLS, it is a decent way at generating cash flow. I can't wait to see the other deals that happen. Good job RSL.

As much as I don't mind MLS allowing sponsors to now place their logos on the front, I'm actually kinda scared that the Revs may be sporting Dunkin Donuts on the front. They sponsor just about EVERYTHING up here in New England. I dunno, I just have a funny feeling about it...

*Stamp of Approval*

Looks nice with the kit, though on the white kits, the orange kind of looks a little weird, considering the team's colours.

Oh, and everyone off the Dynamo bandwagon! I was here at the beginning of the season! :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Fred T. Jane Posted Today, 14:52

*Stamp of Approval*

Looks nice with the kit, though on the white kits, the orange kind of looks a little weird, considering the team's colours.

Oh, and everyone off the Dynamo bandwagon! I was here at the beginning of the season! tongue.gif

I was on the dynamo bandwagon when they were in their rightful home, san jose!

Β 

Β 

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

No complaints here...wondering , though , if the relatively obscure sponsorships will outnumber major sponsors...

Well, if a million bucks a year is the going rate, you're right, we could see plenty of smaller companies step up and take advantage of this opportunity.

No complaints here...wondering , though , if the relatively obscure sponsorships will outnumber major sponsors...

Well, if a million bucks a year is the going rate, you're right, we could see plenty of smaller companies step up and take advantage of this opportunity.

We'll probably see a little of both... seems like a stroke of genius for XanGo, though... I had never heard of them until a few days ago, seems like their exposure just went up in a major way.

*Stamp of Approval*

Oh, and everyone off the Dynamo bandwagon! I was here at the beginning of the season! :P

Well orange is the official company color. I'd have liked to see them keep the colors on the home but with the red shirt it would be a waste. I had heard of XANGO before, I just didn't realize it until I saw the wordmark on the away shirt. Funny how that works. Like their statement said before, XANGO is big in Europe but not here

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

The MLS still exists?

A basketball fan talking trash about other sports. I love it.

I wouldn't really say sponserships make the uniforms look more respectable. (I've always favored the non-sponsered uniforms like FC Barca) However, they don't make them look worse either, so they're fine by me. As long as they all flow with the uniforms well I won't mind them.

As for my own MLS team, who should I chose? I've never been able to pick a clear favorite out of the Crew, DC United, and the Fire. I like the Crew because my hometown is close to Columbus, but the Crew suck. However, I have no connections with either Chicago or DC but I like the teams.

Seeing how MLS could use an additional stream of revenue and that almost all major clubs have sponsers on their "kits" I think this is an alright move. That being said, I would still revolt if any of our major leagues begin put ads on jerseys. A coke script on the Celtics tops would kill me.

By the way you're right about Dunkin Donuts. Maybe its because there is one every two miles in New England. My town isn't that big and we have 6. I really liked the Sam Adams idea someone came up with earlier for the Revs.

classy. So long as most of the sponsors follow this trend (and the pattern established by most of the big European teams, where they have a single simple logo done large on the chest) then I'll be happy, regardless of whether I've heard of them or not.

too bad RSL isn't supplied by Xara. That'd be a lot of X and A wordmarks on one kit.

harperdc.gif

Archived