Edmonton WHL team to be announced Saturday

OMMF

if it is the Oil Kings.. will there be a updated version of the old logo or a complete new logo as well?? That I am interested in seeing..and as for the Oil Kings being Edmonton WHL's new team name.. it would be nice to bring the history back ya know?? Or different name as well?? I gonna wait till tomorrow to see what going on...

Did the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL not do this as well? The Remparts were long dead, until the Nordiques left I believe. Since then, they have readopted the team name and the history. I hope the Oil Kings do the same.

yes Frankie ya are right... I have to wonder, is it actually the 2nd version of the Remparts as well.. and there are 2 versions of that but only separate right?

if it is the Oil Kings.. will there be a updated version of the old logo or a complete new logo as well?? That I am interested in seeing..and as for the Oil Kings being Edmonton WHL's new team name.. it would be nice to bring the history back ya know?? Or different name as well?? I gonna wait till tomorrow to see what going on...

Did the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL not do this as well? The Remparts were long dead, until the Nordiques left I believe. Since then, they have readopted the team name and the history. I hope the Oil Kings do the same.

Yes, that's true. The old Remparts disappeared in the 1980s before being resurrected in 1997.

As I said above to reply to Frankie... all I know is the 2nd version of the remparts is in the form of the old Beauport Harfangs which was bought by guess who? (hint he currently coach of the Remparts and is the 2006 Hall of Famer) and moved to Quebec City after the NHL nordiques left 2 years before that..also I have to wonder is it official to have 2 separate stats of the Remparts to keep separate only? I did combine the Beauport Harfangs/Quebec Remparts stats only... hmm would love some more input on this and others...

BUT anyways it nice to know the WHL Edmonton team will be called the Oil Kings..nice crisp name and pay attentoin to the history as well..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived