Saintsfan challenge time

Saintsfan

presenting, my "that 70's team" entry, the Tamps Bay Devil Rays.

http://www.jimdesign.com/drays70s.jpg

Here is my explanation of the concept:

Back in the 70s, teams' color schemes were limited. Two or three colors tops, except for the rainbow explosion from Houston. Tweaking the Astros' concept, I have given the Rays a similar horizontal band. I limited the colors to a lighter purple, a lighter green, and yellow (no black). The purple is lighter to not be too similar to navy. I made the green almost lime, because I didn't want it to be too close to Oakland, but dark enough to not vibrate against the yellow.

Some teams had creative script logos, like the Cardinals, Royals and Orioles. I thought the current Rays' script is funy enough to look like it was a bad 70s experiment, and not too futuristic for its time. So I mimized the current script with the colors I chose before, and I made yellow only a highlight and color for the band.

The alternate third purple jersey can be worn with either home or away pants.

And, not to forget, I gave the uniform a pullover jersey and thick waist band on the pants. At the last minute I decided to keep the name on the jersey, even thought many teams had no names on the backs.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived