Hail mary pass or NFL rule book

buildingmaint

Just watched the end of the Brown's and Steeler's game that ended with a kind of hail mary pass. My question is ,once the pass is tipped can you not block ,tackle , grab the receiver without getting a pass interference penalty?

Once the ball is tipped you may interfere with a receiver

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

thats pretty dumb IMO, i was at that game, rooting for Cleveland of course....Browns couldn't pull it off, again..... that was a great game though....even though my brownies lost

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

question: in the last play, braylon touched/tipped the ball with his foot out of bounds, would it have still counted had he caught the ball and brought his foot inbounds.

No, if he touched it while being out of bounds it would have not have counted.

Even through the darkest days....this fire burns...always

EAGLEZZZZ.png

I believe he would still need to reestablish himself inbounds even if he was not the first to touch the ball. In other words, if my understanding is correct, he could not jump from out of bounds, catch the ball, then land inbounds. He would need to be fully inbounds before touching/catching the ball.

Off-topic, was it me or was there an awful lot of cheering going on when the Steelers took the lead?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Off-topic, was it me or was there an awful lot of cheering going on when the Steelers took the lead?

It's like that everywhere....Steeler fans sure know how to travel.

The Steelers have the best fan-base in the NFL.

Trust me, as a Ravens fan I have first hand knowledge of the ability of Steelers fan to make their presence known on the road (although in Baltimore I think it is as much as a product of Pittsburgh transplants as fans making the trip). :mad: It just seemed like more than usual, especially for a game in Cleveland.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived