Grey Cup game - BC Lions wearing alts

FlugelHorn

Here's a better description of what the Lions are wearing:

==========================================

Helmets:

- black helmet, with orange paw-print logo on each side.

Jersey:

- black jersey.

- orange/white shoulders

Pants:

- black, white&orange arrow stripe on the sides. Paw print on front of pants.

Sox:

white

Shoes:

- white

======================================

(sorry, I don't have pics.....but that's why a forum-community works so well, because I'm sure someone will find some pics....)

You should know that I've just endured listening to Steve Armitage's ulta-excited voice, in order to bring you this fine report.

yeah...I could have just muted the TV.

Oh, I long for the day when Mr. Armitage will be retired.......

You should know that I've just endured listening to Steve Armitage's ulta-excited voice, in order to bring you this fine report.

yeah...I could have just muted the TV.

Oh, I long for the day when Mr. Armitage will be retired.......

Well, if the rumored deal with CTV is true, we may not have to deal with him much longer, unless he jumped to CTV (which wouldn't surprise me, if the other rumor is true that CBC may just shut their sports division down).

This brings to mind an interesting question I have to ask Canadians....if TSN owns the full CFL contract and sublicenses the games, why do they sublicense them to CBC, if Bell Globemedia owns both TSN and CTV? Anyone know why that is? Just curious, thanks!

David

I'm pretty sure the current deal isnt structured that way. Historically the Grey Cup is the single biggest TV sports event on the canadian Calendar ( i think it draws somewhere in the 3million range. A Great TV rating is 1 million. As a Reference, Hockey Night in Canada, at least the early Leafs games draw about 1.4, and in the playoffs, around 2mill). I think the previous deals have always been tsn and cbc get the regular season, but cbc gets the playoffs, though considering how much tsn has invested into the cfl in the last 5 years ( i remember when cbc only showed 1 game a week and didnt start till labour day, now all the games were televised this year!) I wouldn't be surprised for them to scoop the whole thing up.

Actually, I have heard that TSN owns the full rights and sublicenses the games to CBC. But the big rumor is TSN/CTV is ready to make a HUGE bid to take it away from CBC, pretty much giving CBC's over the air package to CTV (much like the Olympics). CTV is also eyeing the NHL.

David

Archived